Bluetooth Audio stopped working after 2.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. naspinski

naspinski Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Motorola Droid and a Pioneer Premier DEH-P610BT in my 2006 VW GTI.

Up until the update, my Bluetooth Audio worked fine. I was able to stream Slacker as well as the audio player.

Since the update a week or so ago, I can only make phonecalls through my receiver, I can not get any streaming audio.

My deck has 2 lights on it, one is a phone for the bluetooth phone connection, and the other is a bluetooth icon that apparently represented audio that no longer lights up as it did before.

Anyone else having this problem or know of what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Tom C

Tom C New Member

Same problem here with Bluetooth audio since the update to Android 2.1.

Bluetooth audio was working fine between my Motorola Droid with 2.0 and my stock Toyota car stereo with bluetooth. Since the Android update to 2.1 I can only use the Bluetooth link for phone audio.

Apps that used to work with 2.0 but now fail across the Bluetooth audio link are Google Maps Navigatation, Music, and Pandora.

Any help is appreciated.

3. monsterx7

monsterx7 New Member

I might be a little late but here's something you can check. Once the two are connected On the phone go to: settings, wireless & networks, bluetooth settings. Under bluetooth devices press and hold the "pioneer" unit until the menu pops up. Here you can select if you want to use it for phone media or both.