Bluetooth auto-connect?Support

Last Updated:

1. dack70

dack70 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Incredible. Great phone!

My last phone would auto-connect to my car's bluetooth as soon as I turned it on. It seems the Incredible does not. I have to go through the bluetooth menus and connect it that way. Anyone know of how to get it to auto-connect?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

As long as your BT is on it should auto connect.

3. dack70

It doesn't. The bluetooth link to both my computer and my car show up under the bluetooth menu on my phone, but both say "paired but not connected." When I select one of them, a menu comes up and I select "Connect", and then it connects just fine. It just won't do it automatically.

4. dack70

Nevermind!! It's working now. It just took a long time.

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Hmmm, shouldn't take too terribly long. What kind of car, if you don't mind me asking?

6. ClarkWGriswold

ClarkWGriswold New Member

How do I get the phone contacts on my Incredible to sync with my Car -Nissan Murano?

7. Bunshaw

Bunshaw Member

On my 2009 Nissan Murano I had to go through a few steps to do it. I have the Nav w/o iPod but it should be the same for all 2009/2010 models with bluetooth. There might be a faster way to do it but this is my first Android phone so don't know all the shortcuts yet.

1. I paired the phone with the vehicle before doing the steps below.
    2. Prep the vehicle for downloading. On the Murano, press [Settings], Phone, Downloaded Phonebook, Download All.
    3. Download a file manager from Android Market if you don't already have one that can send files via Bluetooth. Search the Market for "file manager". The one by "Apollo Software" works fine and was the first result for me.
    4. Go into People, [Menu], Import/Export, Export to SD card.
    5.It will ask you which account, I chose my phone here but there might be other options which work for you too.
    6. Take note of the file name, it will be stored in the root of the SD card.
    7. Start the File Manager app downloaded in step 2 above and navigate to the root of the SD card if it doesn't load there. The app I mentioned from step 2 does.
    8. Select and hold on the exported file from step 5 to bring up the options. Scroll and select Send To/As, Bluetooth.
    9. Select MY-CAR or whatever the Murano's bluetooth name is.
    10. The Murano should now start receiving the file.

tl;dnr :(
    I exported my contacts to a file. Then sent them to the car via bluetooth from a file manager.

8. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

mine won't auto-connect to my 2010 camaro, have to connect via the menus in the receiver.

edit: I may have fixed it through holding down over the name of the connection and going to options, we'll see.

9. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

Mine is hit and miss. I have the Alpine KCE-400BT (Parrott) Bluetooth module in my car. I watch the phone when I get in, and I see the BT icon change to show it's "Paired". But i hit the phone button to dial a number (on the radio) and sometimes it sees the phone, sometimes it doesn't. If It doesn't see the phone, I can receive or initiate a call and it will switch over to the radio. Once this happens, it works as expected. THis is ok, but if I want to initiate a call I really don't want to reach for the phone. My rooted Eris running 2.1 on the other hand, consistently connected to the same car radio (even made a sound when it did) each time. So it does seem like something needs fixing on the Incredible. (either that or my BT module needs a proper firmware update)

10. Speedy328

Speedy328 Active Member

Have the same problem -- hit or miss on Inc connecting with 2007 Audi. Most of the time there is no connection (although phone show "paired but not connected.") I find that I have to "wake up phone" and by the time I navigate to settings-->network-->bluetooth it connects by itself. I'm finding this to be a real pain and hope there is a fix/explanation coming.

11. Bunshaw

Bunshaw Member

I'll pay closer attention to this but I haven't noticed any problems. I can initiate a call from the vehicle or receive a call and they come through fine. The phone will even automatically switch to the vehicle's bluetooth if I'm already on the phone and then start the vehicle.

12. DonDraper

mine has been working correctly so far today, been in and out of the car a few times and each time I could access the phone via the radio as expected.

13. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

My phone picks up the bluetooth automatically. Hell, I went into a store last week and tried to call someone. After a moment of silence (on a connected call), I realized my bluettooth had picked it up (over 50yrds away and in my car). I added a BT toggle on my home screen to solve that issue. Works great but has to be toggled on before making a call.

14. DonDraper

Ok here's a new one. I received a phone call while driving, radio (Alpine CDA-105 with KCE-400BT) picked it up and started ringing. I hit the phone button to answer and my radio shut off :eek: Never had that happen before! I'm really confused now

15. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

I tried the contacts synch with my '07 Infiniti G35 and it doesn't work. But then it didn't work with my LG Dare either I suspect that your Murano has BT software similar or identical to my Infiniti, which is known to be fussy and won't even pair with certain phones. I had to type my contacts into the address book on the car's nav screen. Pairing works great though and all other features work.

16. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Same problem. I'm pretty impatient though when I get in my car and want to listen to music (I use stero bt for my stero). It may connect after 30s automatically but not before I can do it manually.

17. adidas1124

adidas1124 Active Member

Mine connects without issue in my '05 BMW... the phonebook loaded no problem on my initial connection with the car. The only thing that kills me is my cars BT wakes up anytime the phone is used (with the car off) if I am in range and the calls are routed to the car, not the phone... so I have to turn my BT off on my phone when I get home since my family room is right off the garage.

18. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to manually connect to my Motorola rockr I use specifically for music. It will pair but not connect o have to do it manually. This is the first phone I've ever used Bluetooth on I fiqured that was the way it was.

sent from tapatalk using my BA Droid Incredible

19. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Mine auto connects but whenever I make a call I get this horrendous metallic noise that over powers the voices. Any ideas on how to clean up the quality? Jeep, 2004

20. Jeduffey

Jeduffey New Member

I have experienced the same problem switching from Blackberry Pearl to Droid Charge. It really bugs me. My stereo is a Dual XHD6425. Has anyone found a solution for this?

21. nightowl66

nightowl66 Well-Known Member

I have a bluetooth earpiece, it doesn't auto connect. I turn on bluetooth on incredible, then turn on earpiece. I have to hit the button on the outside of the earpiece then it connects. On my ally it would connect automatically.

22. loupi3

loupi3 New Member

I have an Infiniti 2013 g37. My ZTE Radiant 740 synchs to the car with no problem and works great but the contacts won't download. When I try to enter them manually that function is grayed out and according to the dealer only works with nav equipped cars, which mine isn't.