• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth auto switching between devices on call

adski13

Lurker
Jun 14, 2012
Hi guys!

Been browsing the forums for a while but I've got such an odd setup/requirement I can't find anything that covers it.

I've got Bluetooth hands free in my car which connects and works fine. I also have a aux in for listening to music but having trailing cables was getting on my nerves. As a result I bought a Bluetooth stereo receiver to use both at home with my Hi-Fi and in my car (it's got a battery so lets me stream music over Bluetooth from my sofa or on the move and works a treat).

"Brilliant!" I thought. "This is like living in the future!" :p But as you may have worked out by now, this has led to a slight snag...When streaming music over Bluetooth via the stereo adapter I loose the ability to take calls via the car's hands free kit! Doh!

There seem to be apps to automatically turn Bluetooth on when a call is received and off at the end but nothing to switch from one Bluetooth device to another. Does anyone have any bright ideas or have I created myself a problem without a solution by trying to be clever?

Adam

P.S. in case it makes any difference I'm using a Samsung SGS2 with the latest Litening Rom (ICS).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones