Bluetooth Battery ConsumptionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jayinla

Jayinla Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I was curious if anyone had any data on how much the battery gets eaten up by leaving bluetooth enabled but not active? I like to keep it enabled as it automatically connects with my car stereo when my engine is started. I do know that when connected it eats battery, but am hoping it's the opposite with it just enabled but not connected.

Advertisement
  2. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering this too... is it like the GPS sensor where its not really doing anything until its being used?

3. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

even while on it constantly scans for devices its paired to, i recommend turning it off while not in use

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

This.

I was leaving mine on and it does indeed chew up the batter. I've been turning it off now for about a week or so, and have seen improved battery life. I just fire it up when I'm in my car.

5. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

I personally will not shut any features of my phone off because I feel it defeats the purpose of having something like this. However, after several days of watching how much juice BT eats up while inactive, I now turn that off when not in the car. It's really a much bigger hog than you'd think. As much as it pains me, I added the BT widget to my home screen, but it really is a pain in the neck to remember to turn it on when I get in the car. I'll be picking up a larger battery soon, maybe then I can stop worrying about it.