Bluetooth (BT) paired but not staying connected to my Mac computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid shows my Mac computer under Bluetooth Settings > Bluetooth Devices >

I can see it listed and it says "Paired but not connected"

I then, on my Mac under the BT control panels, see "Droid" listed and it is also "paired but not connected."

Well, when I tell my Droid to "connect" via Bluetooth Settings > Bluetooth Devices > press my computers name (or long press and select "Connect") it grays out and says "connecting..." and then my computer shows it as "connected". But, in a few seconds, the Droid reverts back to "Paired but not connected" and the Mac then also goes back to showing the Droid as "Not Connected"

Any idea? I want to try this app that allows me to use my speaker and mic on my Mac to take and place phone calls, via BT, on my Droid - but I can't get the 2 to stay "conected" via BT. They pair, but wont connect.

ps - it pairs perfect with my car instantly every time

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my Nexus one when attempting to transfer a file from my Nexus to my Macbook, but mine doesn't even get to "connecting...", just flat out errors. Apparently going into Bluetooth Settings and tapping the device you want to connect to should do the job, but alas, it's almost as though it's an unselectable item (unless it's held down, in which case the option to unpair appears).

Sorry you're suffering from this too. This link is a google bug report, and although it mentions Windows, it appears to be the only post (that I could find) that relates to this. Go star it!

3. Lock-N-Load

I have a couple of open tickets there, so I opened my own as my issue is not exact to theirs, mine is also Mac related, etc..

4. lamarbrantley

lamarbrantley Member

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I would like to do the same thing but would like to know the app you are using to try this.

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I think this is probably something to do with the Droid itself. When I use the Bluetooth File Transfer app on my Droid it pairs and stays connected to the Mac until I manually disconnect it, turn of bluetooth, or the phone goes to sleep.

EDIT: I don't use my bluetooth in the way you are seeking to. I just use it to transfer files back and forth.

Perhaps if you used the Bluetooth File Transfer app to connect, you could then connect the audio via bluetooth.

6. Lock-N-Load

no resolution - gave up

not trying to use any specific app. I just wanted to connect via BT and see what I could do, but I cannot even get a stable connection so no idea just what we/I could do with a BT connection to my computer.

7. pghassing

pghassing New Member

I have exactly the same problem, anybody figure out answer?

8. Lock-N-Load

I didnt ever get an answer anywhere on the web sadly

9. fly360

fly360 New Member

10. AnthonyCa817

AnthonyCa817 New Member

You have to go to settings>Accessibility>enhance web accessibility then click allowed and you will be able to connect wireless via bluetooth no apps.

11. cerodb

cerodb New Member

12. MishaBG

MishaBG New Member

Similar problem here.

I have a Nexus 5x running Android version 6.0.1 paired via Bluetooth with Macbook Air running El Capitan version 10.11.6. The two devices are paired and I was able to send files from Nexus 5x to Macbook Air once (68 jpgs) when I tried sending more photos just a few minutes later, the Nexus 5x showed "downloading" pop-up which I hadn't seen when it was transferring successfully. On my Macbook, it no longer shows a progress bar of the photos transferring... there's no pop-up. Macbook still shows it's paired with Nexus 5x but"Not Connected"in System Preferences - Bluetooth.

I have Bluetooth sharing enabled (the BT Nexus 5x to Macbook transfer worked once already). I've tried disconnecting the two and then re-pairing them. I've also tried turning BT off and on for both devices. I've searched extensively on the web and read through many forums and I'm not seeing my issue anywhere else. Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  13. AugustoLean

AugustoLean New Member

Similar problem to others in this forum (e.g., Lock-N-Load)

Namely, transfering files from my Android phones (SAMSUNG-SGH-I727, Android 4.1.2 and Android 4.4.2) to my Mac computers ( Yosemite 10.10.5 and Sierra 10.12.5) via Bluetooth is not working.

I already tried the suggestions given here (e.g., AnthonyCA 817 & ceroDB) without success.

Has anybody found a solution or workaround!