• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth - cannot connect w/ computer

DISAPPOINTED with this phone because not even video chatting works :(

Video chat works fine. See below.

Android 2.3.4 update is supposed to fix this
2.3.4 "fixes" video calling in Google Talk.

it's been rumored to be coming since early June but that's all, it's just a rumor.
Seeing as there are numerous leaked 2.3.4 firmwares already available I'd say it's much more than a rumour. ;)

i wanted to believe in the "openness" of Android, which seems to be just bunch of bull as video chat upgrade was just released but only to Samsung Google Nexus S and few other phones.
What you're referring to is a Skype update, which (a) had nothing to do with the OS version and (b) is obsolete anyway as an update released recently includes support for the GS2 and a slew of other current-gen handsets such as the HTC Sensation and Evo 3D.

I can't help with the Bluetooth connectivity issue (which is after all the topic) as I don't use BT to connect to other computers. My use is limited to connecting to other handsets or headsets, for which it works fine.

Upvote 0
I didn't install any specific drivers - other than what may come with kies when it was installed. On the pc it appears as galaxy phone and I connect the same way as I do for any other bt gear

Maybe it's significant that pcbms and I are Junior Members (nay, I'm only a New Member!)

Like pcbms my S2 talks Bluetooth perfectly to my Win7 notebook - (also to a Vista device equipped with a BT adapter) literally worked straight out of the box - and what's a driver? (Joke - but built in Bluetooth is like having a wifi card in the notebook - drivers do not enter AFAIK)

Now, I'm not attempting to talk to Kies via Bluetooth - why would I? Kies (IMO) is one of those pesky bits of software that you get wedged into whenever you buy a new camera or phone: completely binnable, unnecessary, confusing. I just talk S2 Bluetooth directly to the computers - how undifficult is that?

Now I'm going to say something I never thought I'd utter - just trust Windows. Trust Bluetooth. KISS, but forget Kies!

Upvote 0
What you're referring to is a Skype update, which (a) had nothing to do with the OS version and (b) is obsolete anyway as an update released recently includes support for the GS2 and a slew of other current-gen handsets such as the HTC Sensation and Evo 3D.

Just got the new Skype today, about time to get video calling to work!! Sooo Happyyy :D

Some people report turning handset on/off will fix Bluetooth connectivity with PC, unfortunately this did not work for me :(
Tried re-installing drivers from Kies, but problem still persists.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I came across a simple solution to solve this and it is a no brainer. Just download PDANet.exe from the internet.

You can find it here or any other source you can search.
Download PdaNet

When you run this program it loads all the drivers you need for USB and PDA device connectivity and when you connect your Andriod phone, it installs the drivers it needs for connectivity.

I tried many solutions, none of them worked, but this gave me the break. Now I can connect my Galaxy phone to my PC.

Happy connectivity!

Upvote 0
Guys
Same problem as everyone else, and this solution works you just have to use the bluetooth file transfer method as below, even though the missing driver is still missing!

QUOTE=dt-spd;3087772]hi all

on my Win7 64bit machine with bluetooth I can transfer files to and from my galaxy s2 without any issues.

On the programs menu in the accessories folder is a item called "bluetooth file transfer". clicking on that opens a file transfer dialog and it all works fine.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
1-day old S2 owner, same problems as above - bluetooth/WiFi/Kies no drivers, so unable to transfer files between computer and S2 (bugger).

Went to samsung site for S2, stumbled across download Kies application (80mb), installed it on PC, now bluetooth works fine (WiFi untested, only interested in bluetooth).

don't know if this will work for others, but did for me, on Vista.

Upvote 0
I came here looking for the answer to this old problem not realising I'd been here months ago and got nowhere.

The latest Kies download at Mobile Phone's Software&Manual SAMSUNG DOES appear to have bluetooth drivers as part of the package. At least, it set up a serial port, and says that connection is working fine.

However it still conks out on the other entry 'Bluetooth peripheral' claiming it does not have a driver for it.

So, not quite back to square one, but not at square two yet either.

Running W7 64 bit. Phone appears in 'My deivces' but I can't connect to it or open the serial connection, and all the status readings are 'unavailable'. Boring.

Upvote 0
I am experiencing the same problem. I contacted Samsung support via chat and was told they don't have bluetooth drivers available. Oh well...at least I know its not operator error. Below is the chat thread in case you are curious....

rt_arrow.gif
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
rt_arrow.gif
You are now chatting with 'Lisa'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
rt_arrow.gif
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5640211269X
Lisa: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: I need help connecting my galaxy s II to my windows 7 pc via bluetooth.
Lisa: I understand that you want to connect your Galaxy S II for AT&T to your PC using bluetooth. Am I correct?
Visitor: Yes
Lisa: Thank you for the confirmation.
Visitor: I know how to pair the two devices. When I do, I receive the following error message: driver not found
Lisa: Thank you for the information.
Visitor: The exact message is "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
Lisa: Let me know if you installed the drivers on your PC.
Visitor: It is asking for a "bluetooth peripheal device"
Visitor: I have successfully paired this laptop with other smart phones, keyboards, bluetooth mice, etc.....
Visitor: Do you know of a location where I can download the necessary drivers?
Lisa: I will provide you with the weblink to download the drivers.
Lisa: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...0110928044301055/ATT_i777_GS2_USB_Drivers.zip
Lisa: Please click on the above link to install the drivers on your PC.
Visitor: Thanks....one moment please....
Lisa: You are welcome.
Lisa: Sure, I will stand by.
Lisa: Not to rush you,are we still connected on the chat?
Visitor: I previously found that file from the Samsung support website. I installed it, went to the error message, told it to manually select the location (and include sub-directories) and update the driver. The default location by the way was C/Program Files/Samsung - I did this and received the following error message: Windows could not find driver software for your device If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software". I think this happened because the driver download was for USB...which I can connect to successfully. Do you know of another location where I can find drivers specifically for bluetooth?
Lisa: I am sorry to inform you that, we do not have any specific Bluetooth drivers available for the device.
Visitor: ok. Thank you. bye.
Lisa: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: No thank you.
Lisa: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue

Upvote 0
hi all

on my Win7 64bit machine with bluetooth I can transfer files to and from my galaxy s2 without any issues.

On the programs menu in the accessories folder is a item called "bluetooth file transfer". clicking on that opens a file transfer dialog and it all works fine.

Same here. Works for me too. I am using Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 64bit which can connect to SGS2 no problem. But generally its just used for quick transfer of small files. Else sometimes the transfer can fail if you try to send too many files or too big. If I want to transfer anything big, better to use USB.

I never tried to connect to Kies with bluetooth. Actually my laptop have dual operating OS. Windows XP for work place (programs compatibility issue) and I connect through Kies from XP. My PC bluetooth don't work in Windows XP so never bothered. :p But like I said, don't need it. And I only used Kies for firmware updates anyway and maybe once in awhile backup my contacts / files.

Anyway, bluetooth is very limited. Just use the USB. And if you have to use bluetooth, keep the files small and don't send too many at once. The files would be placed in a folder named "Bluetooth". :D

Cheers

Upvote 0
1-day old S2 owner, same problems as above - bluetooth/WiFi/Kies no drivers, so unable to transfer files between computer and S2 (bugger).

Went to samsung site for S2, stumbled across download Kies application (80mb), installed it on PC, now bluetooth works fine (WiFi untested, only interested in bluetooth).

don't know if this will work for others, but did for me, on Vista.

1) Bluetooth. It works in my Windows 7 64bit. Don't know bout Vista, but you really don't need bluetooth just to transfer files between PC and SGS2

2) Wifi. Never used it to transfer files

3) Kies. Download the software off the net and install. Connect using USB. Safer, and probably faster.

4) Connect using USB. Fastest and simplest method for PC and SGS2 connections. Just go to Settings/Wireless & Network/USB settings and click connect and then connect the cable to the PC and follow the screen directions. You can then treat the SGS2 like a thumb drive.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Well I will try from basics:
install win 7 X64 on a wiped hdd on a Lenovo X61
install Bluetooth drivers from Lenovo
install KIES
pair the SGS2 and X61 through KIES

If this doesn't work I don't know what will.

I'll get back with the results...

Update!

As I feared, no luck.

So giving the optimal conditions for success yet still no connection. Samsung god damn, get you fingers out of the ... and get moving in creating those drivers.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. New to android and just got my SGS2.

I had the same problem on my Dell M6600 with Win7 x64. I ended up pointing both of the broken BT Peripherals manually at the Microsoft Standard Serial over Bluetooth link drivers since I noticed that there were no Serial connections when I created the pairing. It seemed to work, both are listed as "Working" in their properties and I now have the option to Transfer files between listed in my Bluetooth Device Control screen.

Dont know if that is the same problem as everyone else but figured I would through it out there.

Ernie

Upvote 0
aesalazar,

I'm interested in trying this. Are the drivers you referring to in a standard location? If so, what directory should I look for?

thanks!

Yes. Go to update the driver, hit browse my computer, Let me pick..., Ports (COM & LPT), Microsoft, and pick Standard Serial over Bluetooth.

Cant say for sure this is a real fix. There are no errors listed according to Device Manager but I haven't found a good way to test the two com ports created although I haven't really tried very hard.

Ernie

Upvote 0
I have been able to connect via Bluetooth using a Toshiba laptop running Vista. My phone shows up on "Show Bluetooth Devices" and the only option you have is to "Send File" or Receive File". So as previously mentioned (in other posts) this connection method is probably only useful if you have a quick file you want to transfer between the computer and the phone. I was hoping for a feature that let me explore my phone via Bluetooth (not sure if this was what people were hoping for too). As far as I can tell when you transfer to the phone you can't decide where the file goes. I did a quick test and sent a picture and when I went to my gallery I had a new folder called Bluetooth. So if you don

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I need some help. I bought a Motorola HK200 bluetooth headset. When paired with Galaxy S2, it only can receive phone audio output. Can you advise how to get it configured to speaker output so I could listen to music, skype etc?

Regards,
LDS

Pretty sure you will need a device with A2DP to get that type of audio to transmit. Does the HK200 have that? I would guess not but dont know the device. If you go to BT on the phone, click and hold the HK and go to properties, is anything besides "Phone Audio" listed?

Ernie

Upvote 0
Pretty sure you will need a device with A2DP to get that type of audio to transmit. Does the HK200 have that? I would guess not but dont know the device. If you go to BT on the phone, click and hold the HK and go to properties, is anything besides "Phone Audio" listed?

Ernie

I think you need an app from market. I have an app called "volume control +" which have a setting that shows media volume level for bluetooth headset. I have yet to test it out since I don't usually use bluetooth to listen to songs. A little odd having the sound going into one year only. (Tested. App don't play music through bluetooth either. Probably need to look for something else)

Hehe. But you probably need to look for something similar.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones