• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Car connection issue LG G3

Thanks for the update guys. I have Verizon and after multiple tries this morning it finally linked. I had to unpair my other phone for it to finally connect.

Note: a lot of cars have restrictions on pairing.

My 2014 Forrester can have multiple phones paired as "phones" but only one phones paired for "media" at a time.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I have an lg 4 phone and a Subaru Legacy car. The phone readily paired with the car with no issues. However, the Bluetooth would constantly lose and regain connectivity during phone calls. I removed all the messaging ability from car phone. This eliminated the issues and the Bluetooth phone works fine now without losing connectivity..

Upvote 0
I have a 2015 Ford Focus (Sync2 with MyTouch) and an LG G3 D855 with Lollipop (carrier is 3 UK). The phone connects via Bluetooth and stays connected, that's fine. My issue is with phonebook download (which was fine with this phone on my 2013 Focus with original Sync but is frustratingly flawed on this car). The phonebook downloads (supposedly), I can see a full list of names have been transferred to the car. However, go into each one on screen and no other information is there (including the phone numbers), so this incomplete phonebook is useless for calling anyone (naturally the numbers ARE on my phone)! I've tried deleting the devices and re-pairing them, no difference. I can manually type in or speak numbers to call, but I can't pick a directory entry via the screen or verbally (well I can try, but it won't do anything). Bizarrely though, if someome in my phonebook calls me, their name IS displayed on the car's screen during the call, even though their number is not stored against the name!

It is driving me nuts. Any advice gratefully received!!

Upvote 0
Hi all, just wanted to get my message out there to see if any one else is having the same problem I have with the LG. G3 SINCE the "lollipop" update in the UK, previously on my CAR to PHONE connection no problems what so ever!! But since the new Android update I keep losing connection.. IE ..bliping every 30 sec or so.. VERY annoying!! ..phoned LG support and they recommended a factory reset!! Still the same...but what is strange my other Bluetooth device's are fine.. Any clues??

I have this exact same issue after upgrading to Lollipop on my G3 (plus other issues..wish i had not updated!) Worked great on 4.4.2 but sucks on 5.01 - my Mazda drops phone connections all the time BUT no issues with music! anybody figure this out yet ?

Upvote 0
I have a 2014 Ford Foucs using Sync. Just bought an LG G3 which I was able to connect fine via Bluetooth. However, the connection has been lost between the two devices. Sync is not listed on my phone and sync can't find my phone. When I follow the connection procedure, the car gives me a pass key to enter, but when I try to pair to sync from my phone it also displays a passkey and won't let me enter the one from the car - the only options I get on the phone are to cancel or pair, and the pair option fails because the passkey doesn't match. How do I get the phone to let me enter the passkey displayed on the car?

gone round all options I can think of, including factory resets on the car, changing the name of the phone, quadruple checking that sync isn't listed as a device, even my 25 year old techy son who owns a G3 too can't get them to connect. left wondering if I'll have to change either the car or the phone!

very frustrated!!!! can anyone help??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones