BlueTooth Car HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 12, 2010
    Anyone having issues with the phone not auto connecting to their car?
    My last EVO did it just fine, but my new one will only connect if the screen is on.

Thanks in advance

2. SARC

SARC Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I use my Evo with a Parrot 3200LS color car kit and it's fine. When I start the car the parrot wakes up... then the phone lights up and the bluetooth handshake takes place. I have an issue with my contacts not syncing to the parrot, but as I use voicedial from the Evo it's no big deal.
  3. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I've noticed today that it will connect to the car, but the bars will not change until I wake up the phone.

For example, under the garage I didn't have any bars. When I left the garage, I usually get full bars, but this time it didn't change. I drove for about 1/2 mile and it was still the same. I pulled out my phone, and as soon as I touched the power button, it was fine.

Tested it again later and same thing, but opposite issue. I had 5 bars when I started the car, and watched it for a few miles.. still 5 bars. When I touched the power, the bars started to move as usual.

I'm wondering if this started after the update, or if it's been happening all along. I really don't know.
    RoboMonkey likes this.
  4. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I had problems with it connecting and disconnecting. The only way I could solve this was to unpair and then repair multiple times. It connects reliably when I turn the car on now but it will no longer download the phone book (which I am still trying to diagnose)
  5. cjnyc

cjnyc Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Mine will always connect, but sometimes it will download the phonebook and sometimes it won't. When it does download the phonebook, the names are always backwards and certain contacts are missing. I also don't see the signal bars updating without waking the phone. BTW, I have BMW's 2010 iDrive system.

I don't understand why Bluetooth implementation is so hard for Android. My iPhone 3GS and Blackberry Bold worked perfectly. I'm not going back to the iPhone, but this is ridiculous.