Bluetooth car issue

Last Updated:

1. Injun23

Injun23 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 5, 2009
    I have 2007 Acura TL and the phone's bluetooth pairs up with the hands-free link (HFL) in the car. I can receive incoming calls through the HFL but when I try to dial through the phone, it will not join with the HFL, instead I have to talk using the phone itself.

Had no problems with my previous phone (instinct).

Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

2. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I'm also having problems connecting to my car stereo via Bluetooth, however my problems are a little different. My hero will connect as a music source but not as a handsfree device. I can't make or answer calls through the stereo.

Information is sketchy, but what I have learned is the Bluetooth firmware in Android 1.5 and earlier versions is allegedly flawed but the problems were corrected in v.1.6 and later. Unfortunately there are no work-arounds that I can find so I've just resigned to the fact that I'll have to keep something plugged into my ear when I'm driving until we get an update.

The bottom line is you need to call Sprint and HTC and tell them it doesn't work, and don't let them convince you it's the car stereo. We need to keep beating the drums about the v.2.0 update and this is just one more way to do that.