Bluetooth car kit - HTC HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. ccomley

ccomley Member This Topic's Starter

May 21, 2010
    Pairing my phone with my car kit is easy.

But the problem is...

In one car it works fine. (Usually - I wish it was consistent but there are days it needs a reboot.)

In the other car, and in the rental I have at the moment, behaviour is odd at best. most notably, I can initate a call from the car's buttons but I still have to pick up the phone to talk and listen - see under Rubber Stepladder.

What I've noticed is, if I go into the Bluetooth Settings, it lists the three paired devices, but it shows the car that works, which has a Parrot MK9200, as a Parrot MK9200 with an adjacent icon of a pair of headphones. BUT for the two cars that don't work, one is a Parrot 3200LS (which works fine with my old phone) and the built-in system in a 2005 Land Rover, which shows as "My Car", both show an icon of a phone handset.

If I long-press the connection name and go into the Options page, I get two options displayed. The top one is connect (or disconnect if it's connected). The bottom one reads "PHONE - use for phone audio" and is ticked. But if I touch this it doesn't untick, it disconnects!

What's going on?

HTC Hero - Orange - 2.1-update 1