bluetooth car kit problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. vector8724

vector8724 Member This Topic's Starter

Right hoping somebody can help me here! I have a Parrot bluetooth kit in my car that is supposed to sync all the contacts and have phone audio through car speakers worked fine with my old g1 so i know its not the car kit.

none of phones contacts sync with the car kit and after it has been connected and paired to phone audio for about 5 minutes it stays paired but unconnected meaning it doesn't work via the car audio and just rings as normal!

Any ideas as to why it disconnects itself

Advertisement
  2. vector8724

vector8724 Member This Topic's Starter

Come on surely somebody on here can help me out :confused:

I really dont want to have to send the phone back!

3. voyager1701e

voyager1701e New Member

Hi Vector and all,
    1st time posting....not a big poster...but I wanted to try help Vector....

I have a Parrot 3200LS and it pairs ok with my Desire. But I will share some experiences with you, I dont know they will solve your problem, but they may!

My previous Nokia 5800 had frequent disconnects and would refuse to connect without deleting both pairs and re-pairing. I found by allowing the phone to be visible all the time reduced this to infrqequently.

Next, I updated the firmware in the Parrot, and I have to say this eliminated my pairing and disconnection issues completely.

Thirdly, even though the Desire paired and connects perfectly(over the 2 weeks I have had it) every time, it kept failing syncing the phone contacts. I found either the facebook profiles or the thumbnails attached to the contacts kept it failing the sync. I deleted the facebook contacts (somehow - dont know exactly as I tried many methods to do this...pesky damn things!), and then i manually removed all the associated thumbnails of my normal phone contacts. The Parrot then synced with the Desire phone book. Putting the thumbnails back does not resync them, but at least I have the phone contacts on the Parrot.

I hope some of that helps...certainly make sure you have the latest Parrot firmware...

Ashley