Bluetooth Compatibility?

Last Updated:

1. recase

recase New Member This Topic's Starter

I own a 2009 Toyota Highlander with Bluetooth. Is the Droid Bluetooth compatibile with the car's Bluetooth?

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Have you tried pairing it yet??? My Corolla pairs easily with it, just go through the cars functions and make sure you have BT on on your Droid. It should work.

3. recase

recase New Member This Topic's Starter

Zandroid,
    I haven't purchased the droid yet, but I wanted to make sure that it would work first. Hopefully, the Corolla and the Highlander have the same bluetooth version. Was your car manufactured before the droid came out? I tried to find out from Verizon and Toyota if the two were compatible and they told me to contact the other one, so I didn't know what to do. It sounds like it should work. Maybe I'll just buy it and try it.
    Thanks for your help.

4. bwiz

bwiz New Member

According to the Toyota website, the Android bluetooth platform is NOT listed as one which is compatible with the 2009 Toyota Highlander model. I, too, have not been able to connect and am still searching for some workaround.
    :(

5. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion ... My mother's husband wanted a Droid, but he is in his car a lot and was concerned that the bluetooth wouldn't work. So one afternoon he and I went to the VZW store and asked a rep, who immediately went and got a demo off the stand took it outside and paired it with his car. After pairing it and checking its operability he answered, "yes, it works with your car." You might try this tactic??

BigRedGonzo

6. shaidtan

shaidtan Well-Known Member

I've been able to connect to a Kenwood deck but the phone doesn't like to transfer the phonebook. The deck will show "Downloading" indefinitely. I called Verizon (for the hell of it) and their response (official as far as I'm concerned) was that the Droid has absolutely no issues with Bluetooth and performs according to spec. Every car deck and every car however share the same flaw wherein they will not accept phone book transfers. The one exception was a particular model of Cadillac. I don't recall which one.

So as far as Verizon's concerned if you have anything other than that car with the factory deck Bluetooth is not supported because your car is faulty.

That all said, I've found that if I kill the PBAP service it pairs, transfers the phonebook, and otherwise works fine with the exception of occasional complaints from others that there's an excess of static.