Bluetooth connect problem

Last Updated:

1. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm having some bluetooth headset connection issues. The headset is a Plantronics Discovery 925. I worked fine with the stock Droid. It worked fine with the Sholes/DroidMod ROM's, it worked fine with my first tryout of Cyanogen, and it also worked with the early downloads of Ultimate Droid. So this issue does not seem to be ROM specific.

I really don't want to go back and reflash earlier ROM builds to find out which install was the culprit. I didn't use the earpiece a lot over the last month or two, so I really can't pin down an exact time. I don't remember whether it worked when I had CM and whether it broke down after that at CM I also don't remember whether it worked with UD 8.6 and went away with UD 9.0.0.

The bluetooth problem did seem to happen after I updated the baseband, which I flashed from ROM Manager. I also read that there may be some OC kernel issues as to perhaps AdamZ's worked better with BT than Chevy#1's (or vice versa). I had tried both to see if there was a practical noticeable difference, but neither seems to work properly. I had used a bekit kernel for CM.

Every time the phone either wakes up or reboots, the pairing is broken. After the pairing is reestablished, I can dial fine, the earpiece carries the ring and answers the phone, but after I say maybe a half dozen words, the call is unceremoniously dropped. People also tell me I sound faint and far away.

The earpiece seems to pair and work with other phones (in this case a Verizon VX 6900 with WinMo 6.1). Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Whether this is more of the native bluetooth and Droid problem or a combination of something in the ROM, I don't know. This happens with UD 9.0.0 and 9.8.0 and with CM and CM

I had about decided to revert back to DM 1.1, but I don't want to flash a bunch of stuff again and some of the older ROM's may not be on the backup list in either Clockwork or SPR (some are, but not all).