Bluetooth Connection issuesSupport

1. trap_dog

trap_dog New Member

Just got the Sensation on July 8th. I upgraded from a Samsung Blackjack 2, so it was a giant leap for me, and I am loving it for the most part. Android operating system is fantastic! I have had one glaring issue though - the bluetooth connections. I am using a Jawbone icon earpiece which always paired with no problems to my old Blackjack. I paired it the first time to the sensation easily (though it took longer than expected,) but since then it won't connect. Or rather, it is "paired but not connected." I have tried restarting the earpiece, reconnecting, restarting the phone, turning bluetooth receiver on and off, etc. Still haven't had any luck getting it to pair like it should although the Blackjack still has no issues. I even drove around for about 25 minutes with it in my ear to see if it was just taking awhile. Held the phone right next to the earpiece, laid the phone down a couple feet away - basically tried everything.

Is anyone else having this issue? If it is just a problem with my handset, I will definitely get a replacement. If this is a more widespread issue, then I am more concerned. Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, and if there is any fix for it. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. timothyks

timothyks New Member

I have a Samsung Epic 4G as does my wife, the Bluetooth on these devices stinks. (Not what I really want to say, but I am sure I would get booted after only one post. We both had Blackberry Curves, and the Bluetooth performed flawlessly. On the Android phone we have to constantly manually reconnect and even frequently re-pair. I have heard from other Android users that have the same problem with Bluetooth connectivity. It makes me wonder if anyone at Google uses Bluetooth.
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I've had no issues pairing nor connecting to my Pioneer AVIC head unit, and Bose headset. I did have to clear previous saved connections on the Bose, in order for it to connect to the Sensation however.
  4. Contraus

Contraus Active Member

I have no issues with connecting per say, but I do have some weird issues with Bluetooth data trasfer. For some reason, the HTC Sensation 4G likes to transfer SOME of my contacts backwards to my 2011 Kia Optima. When I try to use my voice calling feature of my Optima, it doesn't recognize some names because they were entered last name first and first name last. So, basically I have to guess whether to say the name backwards or regular. It is very freekin annoying. I wouldn't care if the contacts were ALL transferred backwards. I could live with that because at least I wouldn't have to guess.

Also, there is a definite death grip issue with the bluetooth as well. If you position your hand a certain way on the back of you phone, the bluetooth connectivity will glitch out. This is VERY noticeable when streaming music via bluetooth from you phone to a car/home stereo.