Bluetooth connectivitySupport

1. lestermf

lestermf New Member

Have a Samsung Sprint Epic 4G. When paired to my Honda and/or Acura the connection holds for a few days and then looses connectivity. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

*moved to Samsung Epic 4G forum*
  3. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

FWIW, similar problem with my Epic and Hyundai Tucson. When mine doesn't connect, the only thing I've found to be consistent is that the Epic thinks it's connected to the car, but not vice versa. Haven't found a fix for it so for now I'm working on the fastest way to reconnect them... and haven't figured that out either :confused:.
  4. droidhero

droidhero Member

Might be the same issue I've replied to earlier. How or when it actually manages to pair with the car might differ but trying to delete all "other contacts" may work - since the phone saves contacs from emails etc these VCS files, may be inconclusive - i.e missing a name, number or whatever, that the phone tries to sync to the car may cause a pairing error making the bt disconnect.

I think - or let me say hope - that this is a general bug on devices running android 2.1 and above since it seem to be working great with let's say 1.5 or 1.6
  5. lestermf

lestermf New Member

What do you mean and where do I find "other contacts"?

Thanks!:)
  6. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Hmm. Found one interesting thing. Last night at home, I happened to look at my Bluetooth settings on the Epic and it said it was connected to my car. Which is odd because car was turned off, outside and the driveway is at the far end of the house, plus when I've checked before from the same room it's always been disconnected.

This might account for the problems I've had previously, where I get into the car and the car won't connect. Generally when I get that message and check the Epic, it says it *is* connected on its end. So I'm wondering if what's happened before is that the Epic stayed "connected" after I left the car, which screwed up the synching or whatever it is that they do, when I returned.
  7. logancovey

logancovey New Member

I'm having the same problem in my '11 mazda cx7 and also had the same problem in my '08 ford edge. I've noticed a lot of people having this problem. I didn't have the problem until the update with 2.2. Only thing I can think of to try that I haven't is to go to the store and have them reformat it back to the previous firmware version.

-sigh-