• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth device anti-sleepmode

kurugani

Lurker
May 11, 2013
Recently, android users have been irritated with the JB upgrade. Well, not the whole JB upgrade but with the auto sleep feature of the bluetooth device. There is no current solution for this and I've tried Bluetooth wakelock which only reconnects bluetooth connection after pressing a key. But that does not seem to be the case, since I play Real Time FPS games like modern combat 4 and for example I were to be using my bluetooth keyboard it would disconnect after some time, it would reconnect using a wakelock app but I'd have to reconfigure Joystick Center 7. And It would require me to quick exit from the game and reset JC7 to enable my bluetooth kyboard again. And by that time once I go back to my game I would have been disconnected already. It's really frustration and I dont think google will mind this situattion since they dont consider 3rd party apps like JC7 to be a priority. I've also read that upgrading to 4.2.x does not solve the problem.

Alternatives: Wired keyboard or the microsoft keyboard with the wakelock feature - which would be a hastle since I'm always traveling and I do not want to carry a ton of stuff with me and spennd money on anymore thingymagigs.

So what I propose is an app that could stabalize bluetooth connection between a bluetooth mouse or keyboard and the andoid device in the middle of something. I've been to a dozen of forums with the same problem as mine and theyre answers are still unanswered.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Problem occured after JB 4.1.2 upgrade
GTN8000-rooted
Build JZ054k.N8000XXCMC1

Please help us gamers out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones