Bluetooth Drivers for WinXP?General

1. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Ok so I have, on my phone, a program called PdaNet. It is supposed to allow you to tether your computer via USB cable or Bluetooth DUN(Dial-Up Network). I have tried to connect to both of my laptops using the blueooth DUN, but it always gives me the error, "No Bluetooth devices" So I went into my control panel, and then into "Bluetooth Devices." I ran the Bluetooth Setup Wizard, and it still didn't find my phone, so I USB tethered it(which works perfectly, by the way), and looked on Google, to try and find a solution to my problem. Upon searching, the first link I saw was found here:

How to install and configure Bluetooth devices in Windows XP Service Pack 2

I have windows XP service pack 3, but in that article, I saw this:

Now, I think, that maybe since windows XP is now technically outdated, and my phone is newer han the last release of winxp, I can understand if it doesn't have the proper bluetooth drivers. WHat I would like to know is:

Is there a place where I can find a bluetooth driver for the Huawei M835 that is also Windows XP compatible? I'll continue looking around, myself and let the community know if I find anything, but some help would be great. :)

Thanks,
    DerekElensar

Advertisement
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I also have xp2. Bluetooth worked fine but USB worked better.
  3. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

Not sure if its correct but doesn't your PC have to have actual Bluetooth capable hardware, if I'm not mistaken?