BlueTooth Earpiece Cutting outSupport

Last Updated:

1. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having an issue with a bluetooth headset cutting out on the Evo. It started on a call and got so bad I ha to switch to the handset. it also did it playing MP3s right off the phone. This was a $90 motorola unit. So I took it back and picked up a nice Jabra for about $80 (just showing these aren't cheap units). I have not used the Jabra for a call yet, but the music cuts in and out for a few seconds every minute or so. Phone was in the holster on my hip so it wasn't a distance issue, the music is stored on the phone so it isn't a bandwidth thing. Any ideas? Anyone else have the issue?

Advertisement
  2. jtemple42000

jtemple42000 Well-Known Member

I use a pair of Motorola S9's. They work perfect, except when I do work outside and I start getting sweaty. When the back of my neck gets sweaty the S9's will cut in and out if the are rubbing on the back of my neck. If I lift them up off my neck they work perfect. I have read of others with the same problem. I have also used a Motorola t505, it has never cut out when on the visor, the seat, or anywhere.

3. dav1_1

dav1_1 New Member

I'm also having this issue. I just purchased a Samsung Charge (SCH-I510) and when listening to local mp3 music, or streaming from Pandora, the headphones cut out occassionally. It started as about 1 second every minute, but has increased in frequency. The music keeps playing in the background, just the headphones cut out. The headphones work purfectly with my computer or other phone. I've used wired earbuds a couple of times and haven't noticed this with them, so suspect it has to do with the bluetooth connection to headphones.
    Anyone have a solution to this?

4. Jack_in_FL

Jack_in_FL Member

I have a Plantronics 9xx Backbeat and a Jabra BT 530 and they both have this issue with the EVO 4G. I've not noticed problems on phone calls but music playback is unusable due to the frequent cutouts. Makes no difference if the music is over the air (Pandora or Slacker) or on the phone (MixZing). The only discriminator I have found is Wi-Fi vs. 3G. When I'm in the house with Wi-Fi operating, I have essentially no issues. As soon as I walk away and the phone switches over to 3G, the cut out problem begins immediately. Wired headphones work fine with no issues.

If anyone can track this down, many of us will be eternally grateful!

5. dav1_1

dav1_1 New Member

I have a little more information on this that will hopefully help others out. I found that if WiFi is turned on but not connected, the BT headphones will cut out more frequently. If WiFi is on and connected, the headphones will cut out about 1 second each minute. If I turn WiFi off on the phone, then the headphones do not cut out at all.
    Appears there is some conflict between WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone.
    Turning off WiFi is a work around until a future update corrects this.
    Hope this helps someone else.

rubyretro likes this.
  6. Sideman7

Sideman7 Member

There isn't going to be an update to fix bluetooth - wifi interference. They are both on the same frequencies, and this will always be a problem (and has been on every phone I've owned that has both). The only real solution is to disable wifi while using bluetooth...

7. john97214

john97214 New Member

I stopped my bluetooth headphone dropping out, by moving my phone about 10 feet away from the headphone.

8. rubyretro

rubyretro New Member

this was happening to me too just checked and my wifi was also on - so hopefully you have solved my prob too - thanks a million xxx