Bluetooth earpiece/head sets for ACTIVE people

Last Updated:

1. Sticks

Sticks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to hear from the blue collars here. Which bluetooth earpiece or head set do you use?

I'm a field service mechanic and my day consists of being outside all day (lots of ambient noise and weather), and working in a variety of positions up to and including virtually hanging upside down. Am also required to wear a brain bucket (helmet) and corrective day or night vision (safety glasses) so over the head units are pushing it.

Getting a bluetooth unit for my phone to actually stay in my ear is a challenge. Right now I am using a Plantronics Voyager 520. On my second one and it is for the most part OK. A lot of hit and miss with my Droid as far as reliable connectivity. The first 3 weeks breaking in the earbud was uncomfortable as heck (painful). Volume control is NADA and usually have to jam the earpiece farther into my ear and plug the other unless I am inside my truck.

Not one single company that I have found uses a soft foam rubber ear bud that forms to your ear like most stereo (music) earbuds do.

Lets hear it from you, what do you use? (please provide make and model # or link)

If it doubles as a unit for listening to an MP3 player as well, great.

Advertisement
  2. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

Hey whats up, I have a Landscape and construction business and work around loud machines. I purchased a couple of weeks ago the Sony DRBT50 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones. So far I think there pretty good , the sound is real good , has tons of volume to play with and the treble and bass are good. they dont squeeze your head and stay comfortable and stable for long periods of time. it has a battery that gives anywhere between 15 and 20 hours of use between charges ( charges in 3 hrs)Overall I would give these a 4 out of 5 stars. i got them from walmart.com for $114 + tax . they also have them at amazon.com for $116 no tax. One last thing , it does double as a mp3 bluetooth headset but you do need to purchase a sony bluetooth transmitter for your ipod ,they run about $50 there are other transmitters for less but dont know if they play nice togheter, hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Sony DRBT50 Stereo Bluetooth Headset: Electronics

Amazon.com: Sony Bluetooth Wireless Transmitter for iPod (Black): Electronics

Walmart.com: Sony DRBT50 Stereo Bluetooth Headsehttp://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-DRBT50-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset/13904729t: Audio

3. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

I have the Motorola S305. They are loud enough over my mower/blower and have put up with 2 hours of sweating and light rain. They are around the back of the head so I can still wear hats and sunglasses comfortably. Plus they are only $35 and have hundreds of reviews on Amazon (4 star avg). I've never had any trouble with connecting to my Droid as long as BT is on on the Droid before I turn on the headphones.