Bluetooth earpiece of choice?

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Plantronics BT earpiece has been working flawlessly the last several years but all of the sudden I have been having issues with it when used with the Droid. What is the BT earpiece of choice that seems to work well with the Droid?

For some reason, people say they couldn't hear me (as if the BT muted itself out on its on); Its been disconnecting itself from the phone but it still shows its connected in the Notification window. Today it kept going from BT to phone and vice versa in the middle of a call! I was like the what in the world is going on! LOL! It has a good charge so I know thats not the issue.

Maybe its time for a new BT earpiece! What should I consider?

Advertisement
  2. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Jawbone Prime has worked perfectly for me and I love it.

3. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

I am using a plantronics Discovery 975 and its working very well. the charging case lets me go 2-3 days easy with out having to plug it in. I was killing the Prime by 3pm everyday and after 3 gave it up. I have the Voyager pro also and it is very confortable for the long hall but the volumes is not as loud as the 975 (prime not that loud either). Voice quality is excellent. I have a Blueant z9i that i just am not as happy with. its good but voice is not as clear or clean and the volume is weak. light and comfortable though. non standard charger. Check the verizon 24 hour special page. i got my pro for $42 and the 975 for $56 or so. you can use a coupon too if its available.

4. stinkyadv

stinkyadv Member

+1 for Jawbone

5. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

I just ordered one off monoprice for $17. Their stuff is always amazing, so I doubt I will have any problems with it. I will post back when I get it (end of the week)

6. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I should probably give more info on my Jawbone use. I find it to be very comfortable and the noise level and noise cancellation to be excellent. My battery life has been good for me and lasts multiple days; however, I don't use it all the time. I only use my headset while driving so maybe 45-60 minutes a day of use. I have never really killed the battery, I just charge it up every so often.

7. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member

I like the Jabra 8010 BT (it's got a stereo "side piece", but I usually only use the single piece). I was having some troubles with it staying connected to my droid until I changed media players; I'm now using the MortPlayer Audio Book because it is working great for my audiobooks - way better than the stock player or Meridian. My 8010 was cutting out & disconnecting - but since I uninstalled Meridian & started using MortPlayer, I've had not problems with disconnects or cutting out.

8. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

Without question - Jawbone. Well worth the money.

9. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I love my Jawbone II with noise assassin. I never have people complaining of loud background noise, and with the rubber ear insert there is no ear hook. Can't beat the looks either with the hidden light and all black one button design. Now if only you could change the earpiece ringtone..or at least have something other than circus music.