• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth External GPS

Hey guys. I wanted to know if we can 'natively' from within Android 2.1 / Samsung Galaxy S use an external bluetooth gps...

In the bluetooth menu I can conenct to the TomTom bluetooth gps module but it can't be paired...

however after some digging I found this app:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...tgps-AtDE.aspx

It does what it says. I get satellites straight away.

Now one big big problem with this app is that it closes as soon as I try and open another app by pressing the home button or even holding down the home button to switch between apps...

when the app closes it ends the connection between the TomTom bluetooth gps module meaning by the time a satnav app has opened the message box pops up and says 'do you want to enable gps'

why does this app close when you try open another app? No other apps like Asphalt etc close like this...

is there a way to use the external gps?

many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones