BlueTooth file transfer app

Last Updated:

1. rigcru

rigcru Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have just purchased a BNIB Hero locked to Orange, Rom Ver: 2.73.61.66

I am not much phone or PC savy but am learning.

This is my first Android Phone, Wow! :)

I discovered this site last night and spent a few hours reading, what a great site.

Managed to set up a Google link, up loaded a bar scanner and scanned a couple of apps off this site, excellent.

Unfortunately also spent a few hours trying to transfer a blue-tooth file from my existing phone to the Hero, to eventually find out the Orange Hero is not set up for this, I was truly amazed at this news.

I am able to pair both devises, just the transfer won't take place.

I searched this site and the web for an application that will allow me to do this, can anyone suggest one.

I looking for a simple blue-tooth transfer app.

Advertisement
  2. omidb1

omidb1 Active Member

I think that bluetooth file transfer is not available on Android for the time being, but it maybe supported on Android 2.0 when it comes out

3. boomboy

boomboy Active Member

Hi!

Am new to the site too and dont own a hero...yet!! from what I've heard and read, blue tooth file transfer is not possible as of now. we need to upgrade android inorder to do that. hangon for sometime..am sure more knowledged guys will help you.

4. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

Until yesterday I was using one app called "Bluetooth File Transfer". I remember I transferred some files (after root) successfully using this app. But somebody complains it is not working for HEROs. Even if it doesn't work, the next android version (2.1) supports this feature. It was scheduled to be delivered in a month or two.

5. rigcru

rigcru Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I am truly amazed with this but like everyone else I shall have to wait.

My concern being it's a phone locked to Orange and the new 2.1 version update may not be made available for upload via HTC or Orange.

Orange can be so slow in their support for their phones.

6. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

I found that when using WinMo phones on Orange but with the Hero they have been really good in rolling updates out almost as soon as HTC have them available. :)

T-Mobile, on the other hand, have been rather tardy. :(