Bluetooth File transfer -Contact not sending

Last Updated:

1. roboid

roboid Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to send a contact with bluetooth I get this error message - "nothing to send - no compatible contacts". What am I doing wrong?
    How can I send a contact via bluetooth?

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

What are you trying to send from and to? Is the bluetooth firmware on the device up to date? There are 3rd party apps in the Android Market that are designed for BT file transmission that may do it.

If they don't work, the Dec. 11th update is supposed to address the "contacts transfer" issue. I had no problems sending my contacts to my Pioneer AVIC head unit, but I performed a BT firmware update on it shortly after purchase.

3. roboid

I'm trying to send to my car. But even when I am not in the car, in my house, if I press the share button in the contact menu, I get the same message. I tried deleting the program, but then when I go to share, I notice that there is no bluetooth option. So I am thinking that the bluetooth transfer file program is the problem.

Is there any other way, maybe native to the Droid, to transfer via bluetooth?

4. colnago

"Share", in the contact itself, is more for "sharing up to facebook, email addressess, myspace, etc".

The first thing you need to do is get the phone "paired". Have you paired a phone with this radio before? You should probably focus on pairing "from the radio". Once you can establish a connection (usually requiring a PIN #), then you can work on transferring the phone book.

On my AVIC 700, under the phone settings, there is a "phone book transfer" button. No issues, but again, I performed a firmware update earlier in the year.

5. roboid

I see. That is why when I deleted the bluetooth file transfer program, "share" did not give me an option to use bluetooth.

I will contact the app author, maybe he can tell me what's wrong.

Too bad you can't transfer a contact via bluetooth. I used to transfer contacts with friends a while ago on my Palm, via infrared, and it was easy. It was like giving out an electronic business card.

6. colnago

:confused:

My DROID phonebook transfered on the first attempt to my car's in-dash NAV system.

Make sure you can pair the (2) devices, make calls, etc., then use the car to "import" the phonebook.