• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth file transfers

geefreck

Lurker
Apr 26, 2010
Hi everyone. I am considering an android smartphone. One thing I am curious about is file transfers. I know that it is easy to tether and transfer files over USB. How about bluetooth?

I figured that having a smartphone might remove the need for a USB thumb drive, since it has all the space and is always with you. Since I don't always have a USB cable with me, I figured bluetooth may be a viable alternative. I have zero experience in the bluetooth file transfer area, however.

How easy is it? I am hoping that bluetooth file transfers work without the need for third party software on the computer side, and simply works with standard operating system tools. Is this the case?

Since I don't always have a USB cable with me, I figured bluetooth may be a viable alternative. I have zero experience in the bluetooth file transfer area, however.
So every PC you encounter has bluetooth (including desktops)?

One thing I am curious about is file transfers. I know that it is easy to tether and transfer files over USB. How about bluetooth?
Pretty easy in my experience with the Bluetooth File Transfer app on the Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones