• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Bluetooth for the Car- MOTO Roadster, T505, or the FLEXSMART-X2?

TheLurg1687

Mar 20, 2010
NH
Hey guys! So looking towards Christmas, I am looking for a Bluetooth Car Speaker/ FM transmitter. I have an old Alpine for my car, but cannot afford the installation of a new front plate with Bluetooth. So I have a choice between 3 Car Speakers!
There is the MOTO T505, which I have heard wonderful things about.
Then there is the FLEXSMART-X2 (Newegg.com - Accessory Power GG-FLEXSMART-X2 In-Car Stereo Bluetooth Adapter), which I have also heard good things about.
I thought I was going to get the T505, then saw this sexy beast:
Motorola Roadster Handsfree Bluetooth In-car Speakerphone - Overview - Motorola, Inc. USA

Anyone have this and can comment? Thanks in advance!

I have the T505 and it works very very well. I use it in two diffrent cars (both which my older basic FM Modulator would not work in) and also at home and it sounds great and send a good FM signal my only gripe with the unit is that it doesn't have a way to manual select what channel you want to use . I had it working perfectly in all locations with 97.7 then one day I accidently hit the channel button and have never been able to get it back to 97.7 . I did find 2 other stations that work really well for me but not as good as 97.7 was .

Ohh it also gets amazing battery life, I've never tested it but it lasts me 10-14days before I get the low battery warning . So I'd say about 20hrs of use plus a lot of idle time

Upvote 0
I know this thread is old but I figured it was better to drag this up then start a new one. Anyways, I'm looking for a bluetooth solution for when I'm driving and was wondering if the T505 plays your calls over the radio via FM transmitter or just through the speaker on the unit? I'm assuming that music obviously comes through the car speakers but I wanted to make sure calls can before I purchased it. If calls can't come through the car speakers does anyone know one that's similar in price that does? I was pretty much sold on the X2 but after further thought I don't know If I like the look of it and the "goose neck". I like how you can charge your phone on it but I'm still up in the air. Plus, when I first saw it on amazon it was $35 and now its $50. I was happy to pay the $35 for it but $50 is pushing it. Looking to get one for Christmas so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I know this thread is old but I figured it was better to drag this up then start a new one. Anyways, I'm looking for a bluetooth solution for when I'm driving and was wondering if the T505 plays your calls over the radio via FM transmitter or just through the speaker on the unit? I'm assuming that music obviously comes through the car speakers but I wanted to make sure calls can before I purchased it. If calls can't come through the car speakers does anyone know one that's similar in price that does? I was pretty much sold on the X2 but after further thought I don't know If I like the look of it and the "goose neck". I like how you can charge your phone on it but I'm still up in the air. Plus, when I first saw it on amazon it was $35 and now its $50. I was happy to pay the $35 for it but $50 is pushing it. Looking to get one for Christmas so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
The T505 will play the calls through the car speakers and it does it very well . It also picks up your voice very well , people usually can't even tell . It will also play the turn by turn navigation voice over the car speakers and it has great buttons that will let you control the music (start, pause, next, back) and a button for hands free calling that works very well and it reads you the number of the incoming call. It's a great unit I got my off Craigslist for I think $40 and it's some of the best money I've ever spent

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
Does it read the name too? I cant remember numbers :p haha
I just think the ROADSTER is the successor to the T505, but from the reviews of it on amazon and bestbuy, it doesn't look good at all

No that's one thing I don't understand it will read numbers but not say the name , so honestly most the time it's useless as I don't know many numbers

Upvote 0
You can't select the frequency yourself with the T505?? That's a pretty big fail, IMO. Now I don't know which one I should get, again :eek:

There's a button on the back that will cycle thru the frequencies and it works pretty well but my car just doesn't have a very good antenna because I've only had one channel work perfectly and one day I accidently pressed the button it changed it and I haven't been able to get back to that station . At first I thought it was a cool feature and it would auto detect the best one but sometimes it picks stations that won't work at all .
I have this problem in my Range Rover and my work van, I drove around a shitty Chevy Cavalier for a few weeks and every station it picked was flawless . And in a friends Jeep Grand Cherokee the stations worked perfectly . So if you car has a very strong antenna I wouldn't worry about it , both my vehicles just have really weak antennas

Upvote 0
One of the advantages of the new Roadster is that you can do the handsfree texting. I dont know if the T505 can do this or not. And the Roadster has the ability to manually dial the FM channels. I dont know how it functions, however, as far as quality of the sounds and mic and such. I have one on order.....

Upvote 0
One of the advantages of the new Roadster is that you can do the handsfree texting. I dont know if the T505 can do this or not. And the Roadster has the ability to manually dial the FM channels. I dont know how it functions, however, as far as quality of the sounds and mic and such. I have one on order.....

Update us with what you think of it, I may need to upgrade. How much did you pay for the Roadster?

Upvote 0
There is another unit called Blueant which many people love. They do exact same thing the Roadster does. Not sure which is better.

Not quite. I have yet to find a BlueAnt that has an FM transmitter. Even their top dog S4 doesn't have one.

I just bought the Roadster today. The reviews that I've read all seem pretty good, so far. But maybe I just haven't found the bad ones yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones