Bluetooth/Hands FreeSupport

Last Updated:

1. sjdean

sjdean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I remember one of the sticking points last year for me, was the inherent problem in Android of Bluetooth support for Bluetooth Voice Dialling for true "hands free". Not to mention Bluetooth file transfer.

I understand Android may still have a problem with Bluetooth voice dialing, or is this just problems with, I think it is, "Droid"?

Cheers
    Simon

Advertisement
  2. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Well-Known Member

You are correct. I don't know if the BT VD is available in 2.2 or not but none of the bloggers seem to ever push Google on this point. Maybe the bloggers don't actually use the Android devices as phones.

3. sjdean

sjdean Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All indications suggest Google doesn't seem to be really bothered in this, but it something that intrinsically makes a phone a phone. Loads of people want it, and I can't believe Google can't get it hooked up to activate the "voice search" feature.

I see several rumours that some Samsung phones (I think the MOment and i5700) has some of facility through Nuance, and TopVoiceControl is recommended in some quarters, but I don't know what it does.

4. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Well-Known Member

Apparently Google has fixed the issue in Froyo, Android 2.2.

Link