• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth/Handset alternating

No, but imagine a line from the headset to the phone. If it's going through your head, or through a major portion of your body, the phone is receiving a very weak signal and may lose it entirely from time to time. That will cause the handset to switch to itself.

If I wear a Motorola 850 in my left ear and the phone is on my right hip (in a holster on my belt), Bluetooth becomes iffy, But if I put the phone down and walk 20 feet away, with the headset and phone "seeing" each other there's no problem. The human body soaks up 2.4GHz signals like a sponge, and BT headset transmitters are VERY low powered.

Keep the headset and phone positioned so they can see each other without having to go through you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones