bluetooth handset for app sound?

Last Updated:

1. kmand

kmand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it inherent in Android that the phone Handset profiles (HSP and HFP) can't be used for audio from the non-cellphone applications?

I would like to listen to voice quality audiobooks and podcasts on my generic bluetooth headset, without buying an expensive stereo bluetooth headset.

Advertisement
  2. Mughato

Mughato Active Member

Nope, you need a A2DP headset for that stuff to work.

3. cygnis1

cygnis1 Member

Is there a list of Android phones that support A2DP? I would like to use a bluetooth headset for android GPS app (Navigator). I am hard of hearing and it is difficult to hear the directions clearly, especially if the radio is on.

4. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

Droid 1 is compatible. I bought this....

[​IMG]

$100 at Best Buy
    cheaper online.

I can listen to
    phone calls
    my music I have on the Droid
    GPS Navigation. And if I'm listening to music, the music will mute, the directions will come through, then the music automatically picks back up.

I tried to charge it using a blackberry charger in the truck one day, and fried it, best buy swapped it out. Now, I only charge it at home using the charger that came with it and I have had ZERO complaints.

I use it in my jeep with no doors. 65 mph and I can still hear the music
    I use it mowing the lawn, no wires to snag. I wear them under my ear protection that I wear when I mow.

all in stereo

I haven't used my radio in the jeep in over a year and this item makes me not even miss it. Gonna have to put a CB in the spot soon.