Bluetooth - Headset Audio Gateway - Not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. alexguk

alexguk New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I don't seem to be able to find anyone having the same issue, but apologies if I've missed this covered elsewhere.

I have a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Mini paired using bluetooth to a Dell XPS M1330 running Windows 7.

* I can transfer files between the two.

* I can play audio on the laptop and it works with other bluetooth audio gateways.

* I can play audio on the phone and hear it through the laptop speakers (using Bluetooth Audio Source option).

What I'm trying to figure out is the opposite. I want to play music on the laptop and hear it through the phone headset. In theory, the other available bluetooth service; Bluetooth Headset Audio Gateway should allow me this option.

:confused: First question, has anyone else got this working? I've been trying for days!

Details of problem below:

In Windows 7 my phone is listed in "Bluetooth Devices". Both services are available and selected "Audio Source" (which works) and "Headset Audio Gateway" (which doesn't work)

To prove it's not the laptop, I have a very similar example setup using a Motorola DC800 bluetooth audio gateway (instead of the phone) connected to my stereo system. When I play an mp3 on the laptop, the sound comes out through my stereo system. Also, I have bluetooth speakers in the bedroom, to transfer the sound, all I have to do is "right click" on the volume icon, and change the default device and the sound transfers from the living room to the bedroom. In theory, all I'm doing is adding a third device to be able to transfer the sound to my phone headset.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the Forum Alex.

The bluetooth functionality on the mini's is not great. I don't know the tech specs but I do know that the bluetooth will be improved in the forthcoming update to Android 2.1.

Don't know if it will help with what you want to do but lots of people have found the Bluetooth File Transfer app free from the Android market has helped, but as this is a file transfer app I don't know if it would help with your query. Might be worth a download if you haven't got it.

3. alexguk

alexguk New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestions are appreciated... I don't actually have any file transfer issues.

It's a shame bluetooth is an afterthought, I rely on bluetooth stereo for all my music because I hate cables. I guess I'll try to find a 3.5mm jack for this phone until I get a better phone.