Bluetooth headset help

Last Updated:

1. Teezy

Teezy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a motorola bluetooth headset and with my old Storm i could push the button on the headset and it would say "Say a command" from here i could say "Call John Doe mobile" and it would call him up. Havent figured out how to make this work on the Droid in the same manner natively. Is it possible or is there an application. Purpose of bluetooth is to be hands free. Its not very hands free if i have to pull my phone out my pocket to dial the number first to be able to use the headset.

Advertisement
  2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

This feature is not supported in 2.0 at this time.

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Does the native Voice Dialer work? Not Voice Search, but Dialer (white phone handset icon).

4. Teezy

I dont know, but the point is i dont want to have to touch my phone.

5. colnago

There is something about it in the bulletin for the Dec. 11th update. Basically have to use the V Dialer app. until if/when a fix is deployed.

By the way, did you get your Road Runner account up via K-9 Mail?

6. vzwdroidtech

vzwdroidtech Active Member

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...oth/p/30,6720,7155/access_id/37,1/r_id/138858

Voice dialing via bluetooth is not currently supported. Let's hope for December 11th!

7. Teezy

No I gave up on the k9 and default m/ail client

8. colnago

Did you get the email from the RR account Barbara created for me? I got yours. I'm stumped as to what you are doing wrong, but I got in with no issues. Did you delete what you had setup, and use the process I outlined?

The server name/addr. you were using was wrong. I think that was the biggest problem.

9. Ace Ventura

Ace Ventura Well-Known Member

I was about to open a thread with this same issue, but I guess there's no use.

It sucks that you can't give voice commands from Bluetooth headset; you have to use the actual phone to do it. Not so Bluetooth-ish. :mad:

Hope someone makes an app to fix this.

10. jayes

jayes Well-Known Member

I understand that bluetooth is not supported with headsets, but pardon my ignorance in matters like this, but would that also preclude dialing through the car's bluetooth itself? I have a unique Bluetooth setup. After the fact (meaning after I bought my car and I did not know what to ask before I bought it), I learned my Acura 2006 TSX had a very basic entry-level Bluetooth set up. Although I have a navi system, bluetooth does not show up on the navi screen. My phone and car do not sync contacts and all commands are verbal. I had to put in each number I want to call and associate it to a person. The car remembers this information. My current Moto phone is paired with my car and works perfectly. Call Tom home. Call Maria work. Etc. Will the Droid work too, or should I be waiting for updates prior to purchase? My son has BT working in his Infiniti, but uses the phone in initiate his calls. His calls dialed on his phone go immediately to bluetooth. With the Acura, one has to do some pretty fancy transferring to get a call dialed on the phone to transferr to bluetooth. Not exactly the Handsfree method I want. Appreciate any input. It's easier to know the shortcomings before buying, rather than trying to take it back when it does not work.

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

As for waiting for updates - well, if the update is coming, whether you purchase it now or later you'll have it once it is out.