Bluetooth Headset Problem - Media Control Stopped WorkingAccessories

Last Updated:

1. cnnrbl

cnnrbl New Member This Topic's Starter

I have wireless headset Nokia BH-214. Everything worked fine - calling, media controlling.
    Sudenly the media control buttons (play/pause, ff, rw) stopped working. When I push those buttons they still beep but no action. Calling feature works fine.
    I've tried to unpair the headset and pair again but still the same problem.
    I use Listen, and Music apps.

Please help :(

Advertisement
  2. Honda_Insight

Honda_Insight New Member

I've had exactly the same problem with my nexus s. Are you able to solve your problem? I suspect with 1 of the applications I installed last night. Maybe pandora or nutsie. Hope we can figure this 1 out! :(

3. cason_lanier

cason_lanier New Member

I have an HTC EVO paired with a pair of motorla S9's and I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was the headset, but when i pairing them with another phone they worked fine. I think it's my phone but i just can't pinpoint what setting have been change to cause this problem.

4. cason_lanier

cason_lanier New Member

I found the answer... it's not the headset or the phone. It was an app that I down loaded. I down loaded "Stitcher Podcast Radio" it was taking the signal to play/pause and skip and doing something with it. I do not think it was purposely screwing up my music player, I think it was just a fluke. Anyway after I uninstalled “Stitcher” my headset started working fine. I hope this helps your problem. Your problem could be any number of apps that change Bluetooth signals.

Kovster likes this.
  5. Kovster

Kovster New Member

I had the same issue with my Motorola headset.

I goggled up simply the question i had, which led me to this topic, and voila!

I uninstalled the "Stitcher News Radio" and almost immediately the controls started to work again!

Thanks for the find on the issue!

6. robwilkens

robwilkens New Member

Just wanted to share that there was another app that was interfering with the controls for me:

"DoubleTwist" media player

There was a setting in this app which made it the default for bluetooth headset controls. The setting just had to be disabled (the app didn't have to be uninstalled).