Bluetooth Headset with Google Navigation?Support

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm looking for anyone with experience using a Bluetooth Headset to receive Google Navigation prompts properly on a Droid Incredible (running 2.3.4).

I just purchased a Motorola HX550, which is pretty new and highly rated. But the Navigation voice prompts get cutoff at the beginning sometimes. I've read some people say this is a 'battery-saving' issue with the phone turning A2DP off. But I've read others saying it works fine.

- Anyone get Google Navigation working well (not cutting off) with a Bluetooth headset? If so, what model headset are you using??

Thanks. I've only got a few more days left to return this headset, but don't want to hassle if it's an Android/phone issue.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with my car. The only solution I have found is to stream pandora or something at the same time.
  3. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Same issue with mine. If there is a long pause between directions, the first of the voice gets cut off in my bluetooth.
  4. today

today Well-Known Member

Mine also. I believe it's a bluetooth issue. A slight delay while the bluetooth turns on.
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Hmmm, and we all have different headsets?? I returned my Motorola and was going to try one of the newer Jawbone's or something. But if it's a phone issue, that would be good to know. What a bummer if it is...
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

The bluetooth software on HTC phones is not the greatest...
  7. brabey

brabey New Member

Hi after the Gingerbread update is when I started having problems on Droid I believe. Switch to Droid 2 same problem. went to Droid 4 same. All with Jawbone Icon. Bought a new Bose series 2 with the Droid 4. Still have the problem. It seem that when the taliking communication stops for a time there is a lag time when starting. I read someones thought of putting a one second delay befor the navagation talking after bluetooth is notified. Does that make since? Software issue for sure....:mad: