Bluetooth headset - won't auto connect

Last Updated:

1. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've connect to my bluetooth headset without a problem, but it won't reconnect automatically.

I have to manually go and re-connect everytime.

Anyone found a way round this?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That's strange, 'cos mine connects as soon as I enable BT on the handset. The only thing I can suggest is to delete the device connection, reboot and then re-pair the devices.

3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Do you mean that if you turn it on, it connects, but then if you power it off, then power it on again, the phone won't see it any more? If so I get that too, and turning bluetooth off then back on via the HTC bluetooth widget makes it work again. Annoying. However if the bluetooth headset is connected but not doing anything, calls etc come through to it fine.

4. whytey

whytey Member

In my car, if my Hero doesn't connect to the stereo, I need to disable then reenable Bluetooth on the phone. My stereo will reconnect on the next attempt then.

5. brittas

What I have to do is...... go to bluetooth settings and click on the device to force it to connect.

But oddly enough, it connected up fine this morning without me having to do anything. First time after 3 attempts tho.

6. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

I reported this to HTC, who told me that it was because the Hero's BT stack was at an early stage of development. Can't fault their honesty :)

Then, I find it started working anyway, intermittently. Odd.

7. brittas

Yeah, mines worked ever since. It was only the first day I had problems.

8. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

I'm a new Sprint Hero owner and is having problems connecting to my Jabra BT530 headset. The headset is paired to the phone. When I turn on Bluetooth on the phone and headset I get the message "Bluetooth Headset connected", the under the headset name all I see is "connecting..." and the headset don't work.

How do you delete the device connection and reboot the Hero.

9. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

I've got this exact same issue....the Sprint HTC Hero (in my case) won't auto-connect with the Bluetooth in my car's head unit. I am having to manually connect it almost every time. The Hero remembers being paired with the car unit, but won't autoconnect. Sigh.

10. CyaApple

CyaApple New Member

I confirmed the work around suggested. I like to turn my bluetooth off to save battery when not in use and was having the same difficulties, bluetooth would be paired but not fully connected, until I went into settings and did a manual connect.. The temporary fix is to turn your phone off then on, therby resetting memory leak.. Now I can toggle my bluetooth on and off with the headset on/off switch and immediatly see that my bluetooth indicater at the top of my samsumg moment is unconnecting/connecting. Before turning off phone it never changed until I did the manual settings fix..Do like the one poster suggested restart phone in morning and u should be good for the day