Bluetooth HelpGeneral

1. Gardenshark

Gardenshark New Member

Hi,

I have an issue with my Xperia Z1 , and the bluetooth connection to the car. (2012 VW Passat). They both acknowledge each others existance, but they won't talk to each other!

I have set the car up with 3 other phones with no problem.

Any ideas? The man on the Sony helpline suggested I should change the car! Any less extreme solutions would be welcome.

Advertisement
  2. Jamiemcl1984

Jamiemcl1984 New Member

I am having the exact same issue. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Also the phone wont connect to the car via USB, i have previously connected numerous MP3 players, iphones etc.

Its the one thing that is pissing me off about the phone.
  3. Gardenshark

Gardenshark New Member

I have discoverd a fix that involves rooting the phone, but I am very nervous about doing this to a phone only 5 days in to my ownership.

Should I be afraid?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

The only pitfall to rooting at the moment is that the root method involves flashing a Chinese SuperUser App on to your phone. Prompts for root access appear in Chinese, other than that, the root method is easy and takes about a minute.

Are you network branded or unbranded? What's your current software version? There's an upgrade imminent so that might fix your issue.

I manually flashed the upgrade this morning, but don't have a bluetooth enabled car stereo to test. :(
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I can't help with the BT issue, sadly.

When connected to the car head unit, go into Settings/Xperia/USB Connectivity/USB connection mode and change it to Mass Storage Mode (MSC).
  6. Gardenshark

Gardenshark New Member

Many thanks. I have the phone on a 2 year contrct from Vodafone. I cant imagine that they will be too happy about the phone being rooted.

The handset is not branded, but there is Vodafone crapware in the apps. Android 4.2.2. and all of the software is apparently up to date. Software no 14.1.G.1.518
  7. Gardenshark

Gardenshark New Member

The software update released today, appears to have resolved the issue. The phone now connects. The music player doesn't connect, but the phone appears to now work.