• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Impact on Phone

Bang Hot

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
I am considering pairing The S2 Classic with my new S7 Edge. However I have some concerns regarding battery life of both devices.
As it's main purpose is acting as a notification centre for the phone, the connection would always be active (right?)

- Would I be charging the watch everyday?
- What percentage drop of battery life is to be expected of my phone
- Is the connection prone to disruptions, I often experience connection problems between my phone and speakers when another device has Bluetooth on.

Thanks for any replies

The watch should go 2-3 days between charges as long as you turn off wifi, NFC and if you have the 3G/4G model, GPS and Cell Network. The cell network drains the battery the most. If you leave it on, expect to charge it every night.

I haven't noticed any battery drop on my phone. Bluetooth is very efficient with power. Especially version 4.1 which is the version the watch uses.

I can connect my watch and external speakers just fine.

I have the Verizon 3G/4G model. I'm on Tmobile so I don't use the network but I can make and receive calls through the watch via bluetooth which is all I wanted anyway. Wasn't going to pay $5 a month for my watch to have internet access.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones