Bluetooth in the car...Support

Last Updated:

1. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi all

for those who use Bluetooth in your cars...does your phone ever freeze up when you exit your vehicle? sometimes when I get out of my car the Bluetooth shows that its still connected and I can't do anything. I have to pull the battery out. this probably happens 2-3 times a week. I drive an Infiniti g37

I'm wondering if this is a issue with the software, or maybe just my phone. it did it after I updated as well.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

thats weird. i have a nissan armada and both vehicles share the same bluetooth protocol and bluetooth stack.

when you leave the car is the car off? as soon as i turn off the ignition on the car bluetooth is released immediately. when i turn the car on, BT picks up within 10 seconds or less.

are you rooted?

if stock are you froyo'ed? latest updates?

and has this always happened or it just started recently?

3. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i am running the stock OS, with the recent update installed. it doesn't happen every time, but usually 2-3 times a week. it happens when I turn the car off. I take a phone out of my pocket a few minutes later to find that the Bluetooth still shows that its connected. the phone really doesn't do anything until I power it off (sometimes I can't even turn it off), or pull the battery out. most of the time it reboots itself.

I'm thinking its a problem with the phone, I may just call my Sprint guy and try to get another one, but really don't want to because the phone operates flawlessly except for this issue.

thanks for the reply.