Bluetooth issue since update to 2.2 (.3)

Last Updated:

1. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed a change in the bluetooth profiles or support for such since the update to 2.2? Before my Moto S9HD headset would control the media player, allowing me to advance tracks, pause/play and such. It (at the time) wouldnt initiate calls but could pick them up.

Well flash forward to 2.2(.3) and I can no longer control the media player via my headset. I can listen to music and now I get the prompt when I hit the call button for voice dial but now my fast forward and play/pause controls are gone.

Even tried re-pairing the headphone. Is there another setting/control I need to set (noticed a few things moved in 2.2) or am I stuck until an update?

Advertisement
  2. Satur9ine

Satur9ine Member

I had the same issue and thought it was related to froyo also. Turns out it was my stitcher podcast radio app. Uninstalled it and the bluetooth controls worked again. I would suggest you uninstall any non stock audio applications you have one by one until you find the culprit.

archercc likes this.
  3. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

THANK YOU!! Apparently MyPod isnt 2.2 friendly because once you said podcast app I uninstalled that one and that one alone and I have my media controls back. It sucks that I wont be able to listen to my Deutsche Welle casts on the phone but more often I am running with it so having the media controls are more important to me.