Bluetooth issue with car stereo

Last Updated:

1. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Pioneer DEH-P7100BT head unit in my car (fairly new model.) Bluetooth always worked flawlessly with my blackberry phone. Issue with the Evo, I can pair the Evo with my stereo and I even get the call notifications on the LDC when my Evo rings, but the calls simply do not go through the speakers.

I can output audio through bluetooth, navigation, music all work, calls do not.

Am I missing something in the bluetooth or phone settings or is there a compatibility issue with my car receiver?

Advertisement
  2. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I have that exact same headunit but my calls go through fine... I have a separate issue with mine. All my contacts are backwards and show up as Last name, First name. Is there anyway to fix that in Android?

3. cesjr02

Good to hear Eguy, did you have to do anything special in the settings of the head unit? I can pair my phone just fine but the calls don't come through, it's weird.

4. cesjr02

I may have found the issue. Under bluetooth settings (Evo) if you hold down the device you get a set of options. (I had no idea!) Anyway under profiles the option "use for phone audio" was deselected. I'll report back if the issue is resolved.

5. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Ah yes, that will fix it. I'm still looking for a fix to the last name sorting. It's annoying to have to voice dial by saying the last name first.

6. cesjr02

Indeed that did the trick.

Yeah I hear you on the last name first issue. I love using voice command on the Pioneer but then you must say the last name first. This seems to be an issue with Pioneer as all my previous phone did this as well.

7. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Hmm, my Pre sorted by First name on the Pioneer. I think it is an Android thing.

8. cesjr02

I stand corrected, my blackberry did last name first as well so I assumed it was universal.

If you find a fix let me know. I've had this head unit for about a year and I love it.

9. Hairydawg75

Hairydawg75 Active Member

You're right about it being an Android problem. I tried out the incredible for a few weeks and it had the same problem. My Iphone had a setting I could change to sort them differently, sure wish Android had the same thing. Maybe someone will be able to shed some light on this soon.