Bluetooth issues...always on?General

Last Updated:

1. BiscoJosh

BiscoJosh Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all - just got my eris today and got a bluetooth headset. The guy at the VW store installed it for me. I like it a ton - however, it seems like it is always on, i.e. If I get an incomming call and answer it with my phone but dont have the BT earpiece, the phone is silent. Is there anyway that I can keep the bluetooth on for when I need to use it (in car only), but at all other times just be able to use the phone normally? Thanks!

BTW - I love this phone - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then my Storm 1!

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

go to setting, and then wirleess/networks, and make sure the bluetooth is un-checked, when you want to hook up using bluetooth, go back and turn it back on by checking it.

3. BiscoJosh

wait - so everytime I want to use the bluetooth, I have to go into settings, and turn it on? That seems ridiciulous to me. So everytime I get in my car, I need to turn on my bluetooth? And then when I leave my car, since I dont want to be that moron walking around with an earpiece in all the time, I have to turn it off? There MUST be a better way then that. Anyone?

4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

you can keep it checked and it will always remain on... why would you want it on if your not using it.

5. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

there is an htc widget to turn it on and off. just hold on an empty part of the screen and select htc widget -> settings -> bluetooth.

6. BiscoJosh

Maybe I am not being clear (Im prob not). So far, everytime I receive or make a call with my BT on, it automatically goes to my earpiece, so i cant use the phone like a normal phone. I HATE using the earpiece unless I am in the car, so this is a problem for me. However, I dont want to have to turn the BT option on the eris on and off everytime I go in and out of my car. So, is there a way to keep the BT "on", but only use the earpiece when I want to use it?

7. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

I know what you're looking for and I don't believe it's possible. On my iphone (hiss) I had the option during the call to switch the audio modes between speakerphone, bluetooth, and phone. I don't think any android phone has this option, however...I haven't looked hard. I believe there is only a mute and speakerphone and no option for bluetooth.

8. CSRuff

CSRuff Member

My bluetooth ear piece can be turned on and off. When I use it it is on and the calls go there. If it is off the calls are normal and I get them through the phone. It is a matter of pushing the button on my bluetooth earpiece.

9. Tuxas

Tuxas Active Member

Do this, it puts a widget on your home screen one push on/off.

10. angel35

angel35 Member

I do the same thing. I can turn it off and on. Its moto bluetooth :p it works great:cool: