General Bluetooth issues...always on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BiscoJosh, Jan 10, 2010.

1. BiscoJosh

BiscoJosh Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Hey all - just got my eris today and got a bluetooth headset. The guy at the VW store installed it for me. I like it a ton - however, it seems like it is always on, i.e. If I get an incomming call and answer it with my phone but dont have the BT earpiece, the phone is silent. Is there anyway that I can keep the bluetooth on for when I need to use it (in car only), but at all other times just be able to use the phone normally? Thanks!

BTW - I love this phone - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then my Storm 1!

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    go to setting, and then wirleess/networks, and make sure the bluetooth is un-checked, when you want to hook up using bluetooth, go back and turn it back on by checking it.

3. BiscoJosh

BiscoJosh Member

Jan 1, 2010
    wait - so everytime I want to use the bluetooth, I have to go into settings, and turn it on? That seems ridiciulous to me. So everytime I get in my car, I need to turn on my bluetooth? And then when I leave my car, since I dont want to be that moron walking around with an earpiece in all the time, I have to turn it off? There MUST be a better way then that. Anyone?

4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    you can keep it checked and it will always remain on... why would you want it on if your not using it.

5. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    there is an htc widget to turn it on and off. just hold on an empty part of the screen and select htc widget -> settings -> bluetooth.

6. BiscoJosh

BiscoJosh Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Maybe I am not being clear (Im prob not). So far, everytime I receive or make a call with my BT on, it automatically goes to my earpiece, so i cant use the phone like a normal phone. I HATE using the earpiece unless I am in the car, so this is a problem for me. However, I dont want to have to turn the BT option on the eris on and off everytime I go in and out of my car. So, is there a way to keep the BT "on", but only use the earpiece when I want to use it?

7. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I know what you're looking for and I don't believe it's possible. On my iphone (hiss) I had the option during the call to switch the audio modes between speakerphone, bluetooth, and phone. I don't think any android phone has this option, however...I haven't looked hard. I believe there is only a mute and speakerphone and no option for bluetooth.

8. CSRuff

CSRuff Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Retired
    South Texas
    My bluetooth ear piece can be turned on and off. When I use it it is on and the calls go there. If it is off the calls are normal and I get them through the phone. It is a matter of pushing the button on my bluetooth earpiece.

9. Tuxas

Tuxas Active Member

Jan 2, 2010

Do this, it puts a widget on your home screen one push on/off.

10. angel35

angel35 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I do the same thing. I can turn it off and on. Its moto bluetooth :p it works great:cool: