Bluetooth issues playing through my carSupport

Last Updated:

1. cmalberto

cmalberto Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 3, 2010
    I have my DroidX syncd to my 2010 Toyota Prius with no problem. Both music playback and phone services work. However the Droid X always restarts the currently playing music or podcast back at the beginning upon reconnecting Bluetooth. I have tried other music apps besides the stock music player. DoubleTwist is a good alternative with AirSync but restarting a 45 minute podcast at the beginning makes choose some pretty creative words to describe my experience.

I am currently using Google Listen but it is not without its own issues. The podcasts keep up with where they left off but when connected to BT or even through earbuds, starting and stopping through through the BT Interface or the earbud's start/stop switch will either start the other stock music player, or start both Google Listen and the other player or any other combination it seems. Never what I want or expect.

Is there some other BT solution out there? Another player/app that doesn't have this problem. I am guessing it is the BT software. Just not sure.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.