• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Issues

atakin77

Apr 8, 2010
Are any of you having an issues with bluetooth? I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, previously used a GNex and DInc 4G with no issues. I generally cannot make outgoing calls through BT. I cannot make a call using the cars voice commands (it will end the call before it starts) nor dial through the phone and have it transfer to the car system. Once I try to make a call and it fails, I have to turn off bluetooth on the phone to be able to send or receive a call. I can receive calls just fine - no issues there.

In another forum I saw a post regarding the message option in the advanced bluetooth settings. I unchecked this and it did not resolve my issues.

Please let me know of any suggestions... Thanks in advance!

Mine has been working seamlessly in my '11 Equinox. I deleted my other "profiles" but I don't think it was a necessary step, just more of a little house cleaning.

Have you considered a master reset on the phone? I know that's what Verizon will have you do before they even entertain the idea that it's hardware related and would require a replacement unit.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Are any of you having an issues with bluetooth? I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, previously used a GNex and DInc 4G with no issues. I generally cannot make outgoing calls through BT. I cannot make a call using the cars voice commands (it will end the call before it starts) nor dial through the phone and have it transfer to the car system. Once I try to make a call and it fails, I have to turn off bluetooth on the phone to be able to send or receive a call. I can receive calls just fine - no issues there.

In another forum I saw a post regarding the message option in the advanced bluetooth settings. I unchecked this and it did not resolve my issues.

Please let me know of any suggestions... Thanks in advance!
Vz gave me a new phone and, at first, the BT was working fine with the car. Then, all of a sudden a day or two ago, I started having the same problems I did with my first DNA. It would make and drop a connection, refresh endlessly and cause the phone to completely lose all 3/4g connection, saying "Phone process stopped working" etc. In short, a complete mess. As the DNA seems to link up nicely to my home BT phone/answering machine system I can only conclude that it's some incompatibility between the phone's BT version and the car's ('11 BMW 535xi). As such I see no reason to even try to get Vz to replace the phone again as, at this point I'm convinced there's some basic incompatibility here. FWIW my Gnex linked up perfectly with the car just as seems to have been the case with you. I guess newer versions of BT are not completely backward compatible with older versions.

I'll be interested to see if other posters encounter the same problems as I suspect this is not an isolated issue. :mad:

Upvote 0
I am having the same issues with my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can answer calls over bluetooth but 80% of the time when I try to dial out the call drops off of bluetooth after about 5 seconds. I occasionally had similar issues with my Thunderbolt, but it was not nearly as prevalent as with the DNA.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issues with my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can answer calls over bluetooth but 80% of the time when I try to dial out the call drops off of bluetooth after about 5 seconds. I occasionally had similar issues with my Thunderbolt, but it was not nearly as prevalent as with the DNA.
I'm hoping that if enough people experience this there may be some sort of OTA software patch that HTC can release to rectify the problem.

Upvote 0
Vz gave me a new phone and, at first, the BT was working fine with the car. Then, all of a sudden a day or two ago, I started having the same problems I did with my first DNA. It would make and drop a connection, refresh endlessly and cause the phone to completely lose all 3/4g connection, saying "Phone process stopped working" etc. In short, a complete mess. As the DNA seems to link up nicely to my home BT phone/answering machine system I can only conclude that it's some incompatibility between the phone's BT version and the car's ('11 BMW 535xi). As such I see no reason to even try to get Vz to replace the phone again as, at this point I'm convinced there's some basic incompatibility here. FWIW my Gnex linked up perfectly with the car just as seems to have been the case with you. I guess newer versions of BT are not completely backward compatible with older versions.

I'll be interested to see if other posters encounter the same problems as I suspect this is not an isolated issue. :mad:

I have a 2012 BMW 535, and pleased with the bluetooth streaming and integration to Office Email and Cal. Also Text Messages. The car will also read the message back to me over the cars speakers. Really surprised.

I am however having trouble with Doubletwist and Bluetooth. Every time i start a listening to a podcast it does not hold its bookmark. Disappointed about this and looking for alternative or fix.

Upvote 0
My BT performance is weird. Sometimes I get in the car and it links up perfectly with no drama. Other times I get in and I know there's going to be trouble because I see the little circular arrow continuing to go 'round and 'round in the car's nav notification screen. Can't see that there's anything that I'm doing (or not doing) that causes it to either work or not. As things continue maybe I'll find a pattern that I'll then share with everyone here, but so far it just looks like a 50/50, 60/40 luck of the draw kind of thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones