• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Issues

expee

Lurker
Apr 7, 2015
Hi,

I bought a brand new LG Volt, but I'm having some issues with bluetooth.

- I've tried to connect it to 6 devices so far; 2 iPhones 6, another Android phone, my car, a portable speaker and my earpiece). My iPhone sees the Volt, can pair, but can't connect (says the LG isn't compatible). The LG sees iPhone as well, can pair, but the actual connection never gets established, as the bluetooth symbol never lights up and just remains grayed out

- This other android phone sees the Volt, but can't connect to it. (this android phone, ZTE, connects seamlessly with my iPhone).

- My car and my earpiece don't even see it.

- My portable bluetooth speaker is the only device the Volt can connect with. In the meantime I bought another Volt. Same issue.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks!

P.S. Someone suggested I try the following, but that didn't work:

You need to establish a Master, in your case your iPhone since you hotspot it.
So, disable all Bluetooths.
Enable iPhone bluetooth.
Enable LG Volt and let it connect.

Not sure where your issue is, but I have mine connected to a Pebble watch (icon remains gray), and have connected it to a car, and sent contact info to various other phones via Bluetooth. Is your phone fully updated (zv5)? Are you rooted?

Try a factory reset and try connecting before messing with anything else.

Upvote 0
Not sure where your issue is, but I have mine connected to a Pebble watch (icon remains gray), and have connected it to a car, and sent contact info to various other phones via Bluetooth. Is your phone fully updated (zv5)? Are you rooted?

Try a factory reset and try connecting before messing with anything else.

Hi,

The phone is fully updated (LS740ZV5), but I don't know what you mean by rooted. As for the factory reset, I've done it a few times, even though I'm talking about two brand new phones having the same issue.

Upvote 0
Well, with unmodified phones, and no other reports of similar issues from anyone else, and that you are having the same issue with 2 phones, my immediate thought is user error, to be honest.

What are you trying to accomplish and how are you trying to get connected? If you could post a video, it would help to understand what is going on.

Upvote 0
I am trying to connect this earpiece and the Volt.
I understand why you'd think it's user error, but it really isn't. I've done this a million times. I can see how this could be an issue with some settings, but I've tried 2 iPhones and now an iPod. Same thing wirh all of them.

The video below will show you what happens when I try to pair the Volt with iPod.

Upvote 0
Just tried connecting to iPod and got the same incompatible message. Guess it's just not going to happen... At least not without additional software... If such software exists.
I feel better now that I see it's not only me wih this problem ;). Too bad because I kind of like this phone. I actually need it solely for google maps, but I still think it's a nice phone. Well, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones