• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Keyboard '2-in-1 Case' by mbeat

Vaguereach

Lurker
Dec 18, 2012
Hi All,

SPECS: Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 10.1,

This little case/keyboard combo is a dream except the key mapping changes depending on what program I am using.

I am posting this from my desktop, but to clarify: if I was typing an address into the URL section of Chrome on my Tablet, the keyboard would function as normal and retain full functionality - i.e. the magic buttons all work (Home, Internet, Apps button etc) and standard keyboard buttons all work.

But the moment I click into a form and change the focus of the cursor/program the keyboard behaves strangely. All the magic buttons stop working and my '.' key (which is also my '>' key) no longer makes full stops... it does something but I'm not sure what really.

Most the normal keyboard keys ('a', 'd', 't' etc) seem to work but it makes replying to emails in Chrome and the Internet app extremely frustrating. I have to alternate between the built in vision keyboard and the hardware keyboard to get the job done.

Any hints/help much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones