• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bluetooth keyboard badly lagging

omahorst

Lurker
Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,
I have purchased a logitech bluetooth keyboard with my sony tablet because i was planning do a fair amunt of writing with it. But the keyboard is so sluggish in its response time that it's essentially unusable. Anyone have an idea as to why that could be? If bluetooth is the problem, can i hook up a keyboard via usb? I should also note that bluetooth kb operation sometimes seems to knock out wifi, which is quite annoying.
Thank,
O.h.

I've tested with a Bluetooth desktop keyboard and didn't notice any real lag, have you updated to 3.2?

You can use a USB keyboard but you have to buy a ~$15 (usd) Sony cable to do so, others have tested this and it seems to work.

Given the lag with the BT keyboard and the wifi issues, I would try a different keyboard. Does it act the same with other devices?

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones