• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Keyboard for Droid - Faster Typing

Ace Ventura

Nov 21, 2009
Hello there. Can anyone recommend a good, portable bluetooth keyboard to use with Droid? Quite often I do need to be able to send considerably long messages via Droid and to me there's nothing as fast as a real keyboard, where you can use all ten fingers.

Any suggestions? :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ace

Hello there. Can anyone recommend a good, portable bluetooth keyboard to use with Droid? Quite often I do need to be able to send considerably long messages via Droid and to me there's nothing as fast as a real keyboard, where you can use all ten fingers.

Any suggestions? :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ace
Gotta bounce. I hope someone can recommend a good bluetooth keyboard to use with the phone.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!!

Upvote 0
For what it is worth, I believe the current bluetooth profile for the Droid only supports AD2P and file transfer of contacts.

If I am correct, you'll have to wait until the phone is rooted before you can use anything like a bluetooth keyboard with it.
Or one can buy a bluetooth keyboard and try to pair them up.

I don't know what rooting's for. Gotta do some research.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
My Dell bluetooth keyboard worked great with my Moto q9c but I couldn't get it to work with the Droid. I'm not sure why, when it scans it picks it up, then ask for the code. On the Q it showed the code on the screen and I entered it in from the keyboard and it was synced and ready to go. The Droid will not display the code to enter. I didn't play with it long but I don't think it will work for the Droid yet. Maybe someone will work around this sometime...

Upvote 0
My Dell bluetooth keyboard worked great with my Moto q9c but I couldn't get it to work with the Droid. I'm not sure why, when it scans it picks it up, then ask for the code. On the Q it showed the code on the screen and I entered it in from the keyboard and it was synced and ready to go. The Droid will not display the code to enter. I didn't play with it long but I don't think it will work for the Droid yet. Maybe someone will work around this sometime...
There's quite a few onlne. I was hoping someone would recommend one that actually works on this phone and that's not overpriced.

We need a compatible one, of course.

Regards,
Ace

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones