• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Keyboard for Droid - Faster Typing

I have a rooted Droid(v 2.01) I got the Freedom Universal II Keyboard like you suggested(Thanks for the extra discount!). It just arrived today and everything linked up fine and it types fine(albeit a little delayed, but I assume that's just a bluetooth keyboard thing). It does seem to miss keystrokes if I type at my natural wpm :( not sure if that is a driver or a keyboard thing though
BT Address:08:18:00:0B:00:B9

Upvote 0
I have a rooted Droid(v 2.01) I got the Freedom Universal II Keyboard like you suggested(Thanks for the extra discount!). It just arrived today and everything linked up fine and it types fine(albeit a little delayed, but I assume that's just a bluetooth keyboard thing). It does seem to miss keystrokes if I type at my natural wpm :( not sure if that is a driver or a keyboard thing though
BT Address:08:18:00:0B:00:B9

Here you go: 6E-FE05-12

Happy Holidays...

Upvote 0
Wouldn't install under a Droid (w/2.0/Eclaire).

It would be great if the Stowaway Ultraslim worked. I am an attorney that does a lot of travelling and it would be great if the Stowaway Ultra Slim worked with my droid. I will pay ANYTHING for it to be compatible and easy to install (all this computer stuff is Greek to me). PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Upvote 0
ThinkGeek :: Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard

A little pricey, but definitely the coolest keyboard you could get. It's virtual!

A user purchase my KeyPro driver for this keyboard.

He mentioned the Vkb seems to work so far, running haykuro hr rom and rooted.

Unfortunately I can't verify this as i can't mod my OS because i need un-rooted device for my development.

Upvote 0
I have been following this discussion with interest. I have a Palm Pre, and was hoping to use an external keyboard such as Freedom etc.

However on further thought, the relationship between Android and the Palm Pre seems to be different from other Android phones - it makes use of WebOS for many purposes, and not Android.

The word from Freedom Input is that they have no immediate plans for drivers for the Pre, due to "lack of interest", which is discouraging.

Can anybody throw any light on the situation?

Upvote 0
I have been following this discussion with interest. I have a Palm Pre, and was hoping to use an external keyboard such as Freedom etc.

However on further thought, the relationship between Android and the Palm Pre seems to be different from other Android phones - it makes use of WebOS for many purposes, and not Android.

The word from Freedom Input is that they have no immediate plans for drivers for the Pre, due to "lack of interest", which is discouraging.

Can anybody throw any light on the situation?

The palm pre isn't an android phone.

Upvote 0
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Everyone...[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]December 31st, 2009 is the cut-off for my free key offer. I you have your keyboard please submit your Mac address ASAP.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]I know some of you only found this thread only recently. Unfortunately I cannot extend this offer indefinitely.[/FONT]

For those who did supply their Mac address, thank you for helping in confirming the driver does work and be sure to check periodically for updates.

Upvote 0
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Everyone...[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]December 31st, 2009 is the cut-off for my free key offer. I you have your keyboard please submit your Mac address ASAP.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]I know some of you only found this thread only recently. Unfortunately I cannot extend this offer indefinitely.[/FONT]

For those who did supply their Mac address, thank you for helping in confirming the driver does work and be sure to check periodically for updates.

Does this support the stowaway ultra-slim keyboard under iGo brand (Think Outside Model No.: XTBT01)?

It's Amazon page wow it's selling for much more then I paid a few years ago. I think I paid around 25-30 new from Amazon.

If you need it's BT Address: 00:19:15:13: DE:10

Upvote 0
Does this support the stowaway ultra-slim keyboard under iGo brand (Think Outside Model No.: XTBT01)?

It's Amazon page wow it's selling for much more then I paid a few years ago. I think I paid around 25-30 new from Amazon.

If you need it's BT Address: 00:19:15:13:DE:10

Unfortunately no... the ThinkOutside Ultra-Slim(XTBT01) and the ThinkOutside Sierra are HID keyboards. The KeyPro driver is a [SPP] driver.

Here is a key anyway if you still want to give it a try: 25-1334-0B

Upvote 0
i also have an old igo stowaway that comes up 00:19:15:03:88:69 would that work? trying to connect to a droid.

The Stowaway Shasta (STWBBBT) or any keyboard with Bluetooth Name [BT-FoldableKB] should work.

Some users reported that [BT-FoldableKB] bluetooth name is also name of some older keyboard for HP, Palm, Dell, etc. so check them out.

If the KeyPro driver [KeyPro\Settings\Scan\Discovery] finds the keyboard most likely it will work.

Try this Key: 0B-27C3-AD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones