• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories bluetooth keyboard help

sdavis630

Lurker
Apr 2, 2010
So i bought the pro mini bluetooth keyboard from amazon.com but i cant pair with it. says its compatible but it isnt working. Does anyone know of a way to make this happen?

its a pretty impressive unit. i'm on my laptop with it now. It has the keyboard, and touch pad together along with a laser light for presentations. (I just freak the cat out with that though LOL). Would love to use it with my phone if possible though.

Thanks

OH:
Droid X
Froyo update
**might help LOL**

You may have found this elsewhere but here goes:

1. On the droid, go to settings/wireless & networks/wireless - turn on Bluetooth - check the box;
2. go to ../bluetooth settings - check the Discoverable box;
3. On the MS 6000, turn on the keyboard;
4. On the droid, enter 1234 or 0000 or whatever in the passkey dialog; (if the enter passkey dialog doesn't come up automatically, press "scan for devices" & pick the MS 6000);
5. Type the same passkey on the MS 6000 keyboard that you entered on the Droid; and
6. Press enter on the MS 6000 keyboard.

Note that if the keyboard is inactive for about 20 minutes, the pairing will be lost and you must reset the keyboard and go through the pairing procedure again. To reset the MS 6000, you can either use the reset button or take out the batteries and put them back. Keyboards w/o a reset button require pulling the batteries, obviously.

BTW, I've tried a number of BT drivers and the only one I've found that actually works well is the Teksoft BLUEINPUT driver. (Of course, they want $ but you get a few days to try if for free.) The easiest install is to do it through Market.

Teksoft - Future Teknology

Upvote 0
Re-pair the kb with your computer. A window will pop up asking you to type in a code that is displayed on screen. Write it down and finish pairing. Turn off computer. Put Droid x in discovery mode. Push connect on kb. When key code prompt comes up type in the code you wrote down FROM THE KEYBOARD and press enter. Should be good to go. If keyboard goes to sleep press a key about 4 times and connection will return.

Hey if anyone figures out the codemap 4 shift or shift lock let.me.know. arrow keys too.

Upvote 0
Here is a soon to be released BT keyboard. https://jornostore.com/ Pricy but lists Droid X in the support area. I'd like to go with something like this but most likely not compatible.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360270587665

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones