• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Keyboard Question

Sayyadina

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
I find the onscreen keyboard of the Optimus (and several other phones) somewhat incompatible with my clumsy fingers and have seen several mini-bluetooth keyboards on Amazon. I know from some other posts across the forums that getting Bluetooth HID devices to work on Android phones can be rather hit and miss and am curious if anyone here has had any success getting these to work with the Optimus S/V?

Thanks in advance.

(1) What Ram is referring to is still the touch screen keyboard with a differnt layout

(2) The LG Optimus One P500 does not work with a Mini Bluetooth Keyboard - I purchased one from eBay - China make - It pairs with the Optimus and I set the access type as automatic as well but it just refuses to connect. So I scanned the web and worked through variuos workarounds such as ITON & JPBlueKeyboard drivers and applications but it refuses to work. Intereteingly - It is identified correctly & pairs and takes the connection type and is identified as a Bluetooth Mini Keyboard but it does not connect. I tried using the keyboard with my laptop and it works just fine so there is no hardware issue with the keyboard. Has something to do with the Droid build.

Upvote 0
It's not the keyboard, it's the rom. I flashed cm7 and it works fine. Thekeyboard worked fine on my hero as well on 2.1 and 2.2.

Please explain more. Are you saying the stock ROM on the LG Optimus S/V will not support a bluetooth keyboard? If so, what are option? I've tried KeyPro app which also cannot connect to a BT keyboard (I'm using an older Freedom Universal Keyboard 2).

From what I see of CM7, it does not support the LG Optimus S/V.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones