Bluetooth KeyboardAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Shofar

Shofar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found a bluetooth keyboard that will work on the Desire?

For short trips I could leave my laptop at home if I could get a working keyboard solution.

Advertisement
  2. Audiobear

Audiobear Well-Known Member

I've bought the Freedom Pro. Not entirely convinced it works 100% as the driver is a beta version but it does function

3. Shofar

Shofar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else with information on the Freedom Pro and Desire?
    Running 2.2

4. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member

+1

Would also like to know if anyone else has any experience with BT keyboards and the Desire?

I've posted a similar question in another thread for another HTC phone, but thought I'd check in here, too.

5. oliverjames

oliverjames Member

My info is that an old bluetooth stack has been integrated into Android 2.2, and it appears that HTC have not upgraded this on the Desire. Therefore there is no HID functionality.
    I believe that this has been achieved for other phones - The Dell Streak (Android 1.6) for example works perfectly with the Logitech Mini-Novo kb. whereas my Desire does not.
    I also bought a Freedom Pro kb. with the same thought as Shofar, but can only get it to do simple text input when kb. set to SPP mode. The current setup possibility is limited to text input as many of the function keys cause the driver to stop.

This is the biggest downside to the Desire IMHO. Hopefully Gingerbread will deal with this issue.