Bluetooth keyboardTips

1. pcbms

pcbms Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried pairing the s2 with any kind of bluetooth keyboard? I've seen reports of a logitech mouse working

Advertisement
  2. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member

I havent got mine yet though it will pair with any bluetooth controller really inc wiimote, ps3 controller, bluetooth mouse/keyboard etc.
  3. pcbms

pcbms Well-Known Member

Thanks - i've a logitech one on order
  4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Sadly it does not in fact work with PS3 controller or Wiimotes.

Bluetooth keyboards and mice work fine, at the end of this video of mine I connect them up to demo that:

YouTube - ‪Samsung Galaxy S2 USB OTG demo‬‏
  5. SilverDroid

6. NZtechfreak

Sure, love to see it. You have no idea how much I would love to be wrong.

EDIT: Now anxiously awaiting this video... hoping that someone has managed to make these controllers work, despite there being nothing on XDA about them working at all... is it perhaps your exciting app in development???
  7. SilverDroid

No no, I'm doing something that hasn't been done (as far as I'm aware)

*Goes off to look for the vids again*

I found the wiimote one originally by typing "n64oid s2" into you youtube, though am struggling to find it now. Soon as I do I'll edit my post with the link :0

Edit: That took some finding!

YouTube - ‪MHL Gaming Video on Samsung Galaxy S II (MHL/TV Out/HDMI)‬‏

03:35

I need to keep looking for the wiimote one as Im struggling to find it now.

*will be back*

Edit2: I see the problem.. Its bec the controller in the vid is a copy controller, rather than OEM right?
  8. NZtechfreak

Hah! That is actually my video, and yes, thats a Phonejoy BT controller, not a PS3 controller (which to my knowledge nobody has used with the SGSII).

I saw one video with someone using Wiimote + MHL + an Infuse 4G using your search query, but the 4G is running Cyanogenmod ROM, which is not yet available to the SGSII. Maybe you are thinking of that one for the Wiimote?

Sadly I believe I was right in the first instance :( Sucks when being right makes you unhappy!
  9. SilverDroid

My bad, I remembered the video, and assumed it was a PS3 controller.

I really do need to start saving these youtube vids as I cant find the wiimote vid I saw :( I wouldnt have searched for it under a different phone though it is very possible that I saw it on a diff phone and just didnt notice.

On a side note... Thanks for replying to my youtube comment the other day :D

And once again... Sorry for the confusion, really should have paid more attention to the video the first time round, though I was watching it for the cable :D

Edit: I nearly bought a PS3 controller the other night after seeing that video too... Thankfully I've just saved
  10. SilverDroid

If you have ordered that because of me, and it doesn't work, feel free to PM me and I'll buy it off you as I don't make a habit of giving out false info, and I don't like the idea of someone else losing out money bec of me.
  11. NZtechfreak

No worries, you just got my hopes up is all!

I try and respond to most of the questions on my youtube vids, since I don't have the backing of somewhere like engadget I think the personal touch is a bit more important, do you use the same username on youtube?
  12. NZtechfreak

I think he was referring to a keyboard or mouse, which should work just fine.
  13. SilverDroid

Sorry about that :eek:

My username on there is CorporateSilverback - I asked you about the location of those divx files, and then found them a min later :eek:

Cheers for the heads up on those btw, they look amazing on the S2... Sadly it makes my telly look like crap too lol.

Thought so but knowing my luck.... lol.
  14. JimmyTheSaint

JimmyTheSaint Well-Known Member

I tested, and Apple BT keyboard works, too.
  15. chiefroastbeef

chiefroastbeef Well-Known Member

For on the go, I use the old school iGo stowaway keyboard, they don't make em anymore, but it is by far THE BEST small device bluetooth keyboard ever. Small profile, types like a real keyboard, built like a tank. Reviews on Amazon are staggeringly positive.
  16. vtax

vtax Well-Known Member

17. NZtechfreak

Thats what I use, brilliant piece of kit.

Basically any bluetooth HID profile keyboard should work well.
  18. senator63

senator63 New Member

hi buddy. im vahid. can you help me that how i can use bluetooth keyboard for my gs2? does it need a new application? please send your reply to my gmail: vnoori@gmail.com
    i have another question. how can i install application on my phone through offline. is there any site? thanks dear
  19. RingKing

RingKing Well-Known Member

No need a special app to pair a bluetooth keyboard with your gs2.
  20. pinrod18

pinrod18 New Member

I just bought myself the Motorola Bluetooth Android Keyboard to go with my Motorola Xoom.

Am I able to pair it with my Samsung Galaxy S2?
    When i try to establish the connection a little box pops up and asks me to enter a pin on the keyboard to finish the connection, but never remains long enough for me to get it.
    Im on the Bell network.

Could all answers be directed to landryjm18@gmail.com..